i30 Owners Club

Service Intervals

Offline markdyer72

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Middlesbrough
I havent yet got my service manual for my car but has done 12500 miles, or there abouts and has just had a service prior to me buying the car, on the windscreen it says next service 27/02/13 or 37500 miles whichever comes first,  now does it require a full service every year, and also the dealer sent me a letter to spread the cost servicing over 3 years and which would cover the cost ov the next 3 yrs servicing costs, price quoted includes all parts, labour etc but i think its quite high and would like another opinion...

quotation is £837.95 inclusive VAT for the 3 yrs, as say i think thats quite high or is it reasonable...
  • i30 Comfort 1.6 CRDi (115)

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
It does seem high unless you expect the cost of living to shoot up over the next three years...   I took the deal two years ago but it was obvious that the cost of living was gonna go up as a world wide recession was on the go.  Also I was fairly certain that VAT would go up, and it did, so I feel that I have got a decent deal.  Probably not a lot less than if I had paid catch as catch can.

It's one of those situations Mark.   I think Alanho did a fairly good write up on his offer,  Alan is carving a place as our motoring correspondent,  use the search at the top of the page.

Than after that it's the old, ya pays yer money and takes yer chances...

Asa

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Check this link and other links in the thread.

https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=6313.msg71889#msg71889

I cannot argue with asa's advice.

I asked the dealership when I bought the car in September 2010 what their standard current costs were for each service. When I added this up it was considerably less than the service plan. So I took a chance and declined the plan. So far, I have only had one service (my car has done 13000 miles from new) and the cost including VAT was £162. I will soon be swapping the car so I am glad I didn't take the plan.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline diablo

• 5th Gear

• england England
      Blackpool

• Fylde Coast England 1.4 petrol Comfort
Does the three year plan cover three services or four? If it is three then that is expensive. I assume it includes the cost of an MOT test ?

My first service last year was £145 and the next one (on Monday) is £237 for a major service. As the third year one is minor then that shouldn't be too dear. Nowhere near the price you have been quoted.

Offline markdyer72

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Middlesbrough
Check this link and other links in the thread.

https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=6313.msg71889#msg71889

I cannot argue with asa's advice.

I asked the dealership when I bought the car in September 2010 what their standard current costs were for each service. When I added this up it was considerably less than the service plan. So I took a chance and declined the plan. So far, I have only had one service (my car has done 13000 miles from new) and the cost including VAT was £162. I will soon be swapping the car so I am glad I didn't take the plan.

thanks for that will check that link out :D

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Does the three year plan cover three services or four? If it is three then that is expensive. I assume it includes the cost of an MOT test ?

My first service last year was £145 and the next one (on Monday) is £237 for a major service. As the third year one is minor then that shouldn't be too dear. Nowhere near the price you have been quoted.

When I bought my car the cost for 3 services was £615, 4 services £888 and 5 services £1,068

• 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline markdyer72

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Middlesbrough

letter states 3  services starting at 40,000 miles

and does not include MOT

i really think is massively expensive as a main service should only cost around £200 or there abouts, whereas the payment plan works out £279 per service... they danced it up by including 10% discount on additional parts not included in service, 15% on all supplied and fitted accessories, 48 hr priority booking, guaranteed courtesy car(7 day notice), free collectionand delivery within 10 miles, complimentary wash n vac, free puncture repairs and health checks..... erm the warranty covers health checks for 5 years anyway doesnt it, and the rest i think i can take a chance and do without :D

Offline markdyer72

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Middlesbrough

When I bought my car the cost for 3 services was £615, 4 services £888 and 5 services £1,068

yeah i worked out probs no more than £700 at most for 3 services so i think i probs say thanks but no thanks for service plan and take me chances, canna see prices rising that much in next 3 years :D

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

yeah i worked out probs no more than £700 at most for 3 services so i think i probs say thanks but no thanks for service plan and take me chances, canna see prices rising that much in next 3 years :D

Nah me neither, I think you made a good choise  :-)   :-) 

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal