i30 Owners Club

Service quotes

marty62 · 10 · 4179

Offline marty62

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Southern Highlands, NSW
Nothing from my end, emailed the Service Manager on Wednesday for an update in the replacement unit but have not heard back.

Nothing back from the Service Manager so it went to a new dealer today for its 7500km service, they quoted about $200 less then where I purchased it and then when I picked it up it was almost $100 less then quoted  and they washed and vacuumed the car. Anyway back on topic, they have ordered a replacement unit and know nothing about the story from the last dealer about Hyundai not doing replacements at the moment (neither did Hyundai when I spoke to them today). The next week will be the test of the new dealer coming through on their promise but early indications are good. They also improved my low beam lights (again the last dealer had failed on), I will try to find  that thread and update it also.
Where abouts are you located Stik, I just got a quote for $276 all up for the 15000k (diesel) service, is this reasonable?
  • GD PREMIUM 1.6

Offline Stikman

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
I'm in Brisbane, both quotes for my 7500km service were more then that, it ended up costing just less then that. These where from Hyundai dealers. I think the quote I had given to me from my original dealer when I purchased the car was about double that! That price is down around the Fixed Price servicing amount they have introduced but I am not eligible as it came out after I got the car.

Offline Stikman

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Just checked and the capped price is $289 so $276 is cheap if from a Hyundai dealer.

Offline marty62

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Southern Highlands, NSW
I'm in Brisbane, both quotes for my 7500km service were more then that, it ended up costing just less then that. These where from Hyundai dealers. I think the quote I had given to me from my original dealer when I purchased the car was about double that! That price is down around the Fixed Price servicing amount they have introduced but I am not eligible as it came out after I got the car.
I think this part of thread will get moved to another forum soon..... I am the same, mine was delivered 1 day before they mentioned fixed price service  :( . Dealer explained that the fixed price is an average of the 3 services, my 30k serv is about $120 more than the fixed price.
  • GD PREMIUM 1.6

Offline Stikman

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Ready for a laugh......? 😃

Here is the reason I shopped around for my first service.....scheduled service costs I got from original dealer when I picked up the car. 7500km $422, 15000km $450, 30000km $714, 45000km $507 etc

They include an 'extended warranty' that kicks in after the 5yrs but only if you use them for all your servicing. For one, car extended warrantys are useless in my experience (they find any excuse not to pay) and two, I would spend more in 5yrs on over priced servicing costs then what they would pay on any warranty claim anyway.

So when they started to annoy me with sub par customer service the decision to go elsewhere was a no brainer.

Marty, thought this may make you feel better about you quote 😉

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Wauw, that sure is some heavy prices.. :scared:

Don't know what the serviceprices are here in DK at the Hyundai dealer, as I do all service myself, but thinking back to when I was a servicemanager at the VW/Skoda dealer, we could do the first service - 30.000 km - on a Octavia TDi for around 340 AUD / 270 EUR

OK, It's 5 years ago, so maybe a little more today, but still a lot cheaper.

BTW, why do you have a 7500 km service... :question:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Stikman

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
There is an optional intermediate service, so 7500km, 22500km etc, the requirement is still 15000km, 30000km etc in Aus. I will not always get the intermediate but being brand new and running in I agreed with the thoughts and recommendation of fresh oil earlier then 15000km. I service all my other cars myself also but this one will be dealer serviced, at least in the short term. Just need to find the best dealer.....for price and service 😉

Offline i30niko

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      ADELAIDE, SA, AUSTRALIA

7500km $422

THe 7,500 is an intermediate and optional service, and really, the only reason that it is done, is for the oil/filter change. How can they charge you $422? I do the intermediates myself, buy a good oil (Full synthetic) and a filter.
Takes around 40min.

Instructions here step-by-step - Credit to a forum member for creating this https://sites.google.com/site/instroe/i30-filter-and-oil-change
  • 2010 i30 diesel SX auto

Offline Stikman

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

7500km $422

THe 7,500 is an intermediate and optional service, and really, the only reason that it is done, is for the oil/filter change. How can they charge you $422? I do the intermediates myself, buy a good oil (Full synthetic) and a filter.
Takes around 40min.

Instructions here step-by-step - Credit to a forum member for creating this https://sites.google.com/site/instroe/i30-filter-and-oil-change

Yeah crazy huh. It ended up costing me about half of that which is about the same as it has cost me in the past to have an oil change done on our Delica so was reasonably happy with that considering it was from a dealer. I would not hesitate to do an oil change once past 5yrs, I do all the maintenance on my weekend toy. This one I want to just drive and enjoy, and let someone else spin spanners. 😉

Hopefully this new dealer comes through with equally good prices for my next service, time will tell.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
If you must use the stealer, supplying your own parts and oil brings the cost down a fair bit.

You can get nearly 3 genuine diesel filters from the UK (on Ebay) for what Hyundai Australia wants for one.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal