i30 Owners Club

Ipod Connection in 2011 i30

Offline angieward

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
Just been told by my dealer that they no longer have official Hyundai Ipod Cables for 2011 i30's. He said I need to buy one from Dick Smith or similar. I would like to control my Ipod from the steering wheel so I guess I need one. Does anyone have any details about what I need to buy... the dealer was no help and didn't seem to know.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
welcome aboard angieward.  :mrgreen:  I'm not surprised the dealers don't sell ipod cables anymore [if thats correct] because they were around $100 each.  :faint:  eBay or one of our members may have one for sale.  :idea:  my son uses an AUX cable for his ipod in my hatch or the wife's cw.  :goodjob:  we can operate the ipod from the head unit,but we don't have  steering wheel controls.
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline TrishCW

• 5th Gear
  • SWMBO at Dazzler's House

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• My little "GEM"

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Angie  :D.. Please be patient (hopefully someone on the site will help you track one down)

We just use thumb drives in ours.. :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline de Bounce

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Thomastown
Hi and welcome to the forum Angie

Ipod connections have been discussed HERE
A fleebay version can be obtained HERE
No affiliation with the seller however I did buy one which works fine on a Ipod.
  • 2010 MY11 FD SLX CW 1.6 CRDi in Clear Blue

Offline angieward

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
Now got the car and read the Bluetooth Radio Manual. It says I can connect my Ipod via the normal apple usb connector. I will try this in the morning, it is 3am here

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Now got the car and read the Bluetooth Radio Manual. It says I can connect my Ipod via the normal apple usb connector. I will try this in the morning, it is 3am here

3am  :eek: 

Yes apparently the normal apple USB connector will work but limited functionality compared to the Hyundai one which has 2 connectors on the car end.

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
G'day Angie,

Although I have a slightly different stereo to you (I have aftermarket Bluetooth) I checked the operation of my iPod with both the normal iPod cable (USB output only) and the Hyundai iPod cable (with USB and extra jack).  The iPod does work with just the normal USB cable, but the stereo treats it as just a USB, so it doesn't have the full functionality of the Hyundai cable.

The Hyundai cable enables you to drive the iPod (use folders, choose songs via artist/album/genre, etc) from the stereo.  You can't totally drive it from the steering wheel controls, but you can go forward and backwards with songs in the playlist.

So in short, if you want the full iPod functionality from the stereo, get a dedicated Hyundai cable (or one from eBay).  I paid $80 for mine from Hyundai, but you can get them much cheaper via eBay.

Hope this helps,

FatBoy

Offline bracksen

• 1st Gear
The 2011 model has a new Bluetooth stereo which is fully compliant with a standard apple USB cable. Song details and all

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

That's handy  :goodjob:

Offline ElleB

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• Our Elle B
Just  a product report on this topic.

I bought a cable from a HK vendor,  has good service and the post took about 10 days.

Price was about A$13 free post.

I just installed it and tested the functions, so it will rechgarge the iPhone, allows you to play your music through the cars system, allows you to  tab through your songs via the AUX and up and down buttons and adjust everything via the car sterio.

The length of the cable could be a bit short, but for the 2009 model it fits neatly into the cubby hole where the ipod connections are located, richt next to the CD's that maybe now will not be played as much !!! :D

2009 2010 HYUNDAI KIA AUX INPUT CABLE FOR IPOD IPHONE 4

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2009-2010-HYUNDAI-KIA-AUX-INPUT-CABLE-IPOD-IPHONE-4-/250726282341?pt=UK_MP3_Player_Accessories_FM_Transmitters&hash=item3a60737465

Hope this is helpful to those searching for options.   :undecided:

• 2016 i30 CW auto

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks Elleb .. everything is getting so cheap (well electronics anyway) pity you can't eat them... :rofl:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
Thanks Elleb .. everything is getting so cheap (well electronics anyway) pity you can't eat them... :rofl:
the day will probably come dazz.  :twisted:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal