i30 Owners Club

I30 CRDi seats

Psylix · 11 · 4791

Offline Psylix

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London
I'm due to get an i30 CRDi comfort next week. Has anyone ever changed the cloth seats for leather ones? Do I have to go custom?  Do these seats have to be removed and replaced with new ones or can they just be  re-covered?

Are there any companies in UK that do this sort of work?

Thanks

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome Psylix.
Which part of UK are you from?
If you update your profile it useful when discussing etc.

Re seats.

I would enquire at the dealer to see if they can get leather seats.
I have comfort model with fabric seats and I find them very comfy.

There have been a few issues posted on this site and I think HF about the leather seats.
Here is one link but try the search function
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=325&p=2361&hilit=leather+seats#p2361
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Psylix

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London
Thanks for the link eye30, and your personal opinion regarding the cloth seats. I'm in no big rush to upgrade, as this is a new i30, and always wanted leather, but I can understand the need to look after them regularly. Maybe I should invest in a decent gadget to play with for now  :)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Psylix Welcome to the Site...

The standard seats are reasonable but if it is going to cost you big $$ to upgrade to the Hyundai Leather seats I'd just go for standard and see how much for a upholsterer to recover them with leather of your choice or check out after market leather seats (Some of these are more comfortable and seem well priced)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hi Psylix,

I took a previous car of mine to a local auto upholstery centre and they wanted $2500 to replace the fabric with leaher. I did want leather and their work was first class but i couldnt justify the expence. It was cool though because you could pick any colour and texture you liked.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Eyma,

I would suspect price for re-upholstering would vary greatly (although cheaper quotes may use cheaper leather)

Offline Phil

• 1st Gear
Does anybody know if you can get an adjustable Hyundai seat for the front passenger? My wife likes the adjustable driver's seat but not the passenger's. I asked my Hyundai dealer (in Albany, W.A.) if they could source a driver's seat from an LHD (US?) version but no reply as yet. Too hard a question for them, I think, so I'm not expecting a reply any time soon. I'd prefer not to chase other brands, colours, etc. Personally, I'd prefer a good rally seat, but it's not really my choice.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Please see here

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1095

for further info on this mod....

Offline Morias

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Brisbane, Qld, Australia - Silver I30 Crdi SLX Man
Has anyone changed over cloth seats to leather seats?  If so, what was the experience like?  Has it been positive, or do you have regrets?

I would have ordered a car with leather seats if it was an option.  However, I am reluctant to replace brand new cloth seats with leather thinking it is something I can do down the track if I still have the urge.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Morias,

Some have done it on the Korean i30 club site.. but haven't read any feedback...

I have always loved the look, feel and smell of leather (but that's another story... :-[ :rolleyes:)... anyway, I digress...

The only thing wrong with leather (well I can think of three... )

(a) not really suitable in cold climates as very cold to the touch until seat warmers kick in (if you have them)

(b) very hot to the touch on hot days (in warm climates)

(c) need to be maintained regularly with a conditioner of some kind to stay their best...

although I'm sure people like Brian (Bumpkin) and others still swear by them... :D

Offline Morias

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Brisbane, Qld, Australia - Silver I30 Crdi SLX Man
Having had the car for 1 week I have changed my mind on converting to leather.  The cloth seats are fine, if a bit pongy and I can't justify the expense involved to convert to cow hide.

If it had been a factory option, I would have got it.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal