i30 Owners Club

Tow bar dimensions?

Radar · 5 · 2300

Offline Radar

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
G'day all,

I've located a tow bar on ebay in my local area. Ive asked if he/she knows if it is off a hatch or the wagon but they are unsure which it fits. They have provided me with some dimensions, but does anyone know the main differences between the two and could I tell from a picture?

The dimensions they gave were "outside left to right 109cm and in between holes (centre) is 11.5cm"

A vague topic perhaps, but thanks if anyone can give me a hand.

Cheers,

Nathan  :razz:
  • 2012 i30 CW

Pip
Have you determined that the hatch and CW actually have different bars or was that part of the question?  I would have assumed they were the same... but of course good to check. :wink:

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
I recall someone posting here some time ago advising that the towbars are quite different for the hatchback and estate.

This may be it

https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=11217.msg124754#msg124754
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline baroudeur

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
G'day all,

I've located a tow bar on ebay in my local area. Ive asked if he/she knows if it is off a hatch or the wagon but they are unsure which it fits. They have provided me with some dimensions, but does anyone know the main differences between the two and could I tell from a picture?

The dimensions they gave were "outside left to right 109cm and in between holes (centre) is 11.5cm"

A vague topic perhaps, but thanks if anyone can give me a hand.

Cheers,

Nathan  :razz:

The difference is in the spacing between the tow bar mounting captive nuts on the sub frame.  All of the tow bars I have looked can be fitted to either model as provision is made to accommodate the differences.

Fitting instructions here
http://www.pfjones.co.uk/witter/HY46A.pdf

Offline Radar

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
thanks for al your help folks!
  • 2012 i30 CW

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal