i30 Owners Club

Cruise Control i30 diesel

Offline squirrell48

• 1st Gear
I want to buy an i30 diesel hatchback but it must have cruise control. I am getting conflicting messages whether or not a dealer-fitted kit is available for the EuroV engine.  Or is an after market kit OK.  Any advice?

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
I had quite a saga getting cruise fitted to my Sept 2010 i30 Premium. It all ended happily ever after.

See this thread

https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=6264.0

• 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Funky

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
There is a Euro V Dealer fit control on the accessories list now..

Offline squirrell48

• 1st Gear
The saga is ongoing.  My dealer in Birmingham has yet to confirm whether this i30 registered in Dec 10 is EuroIV or EuroV.  He is adamant that he can fit Cruise.  Meanwhile I had a really strange telecon with Hyundai Customer services yesterday and I quote:
"Cruise is not an option on the new i30 diesel hatchback.  If you want Cruise the i30 is not for you".
So I am now waiting to hear from the dealer what kind of engine it is and I am getting him to put in writing that he can fit a Hyundai-approved cruise control.
By the way, do the cruise controls still replace the radio controls on the steering wheel, or is there a stalk control?

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

You are getting the same response as I got from Hyundai head office but my dealership contacted the Danish supplier of the cruise controls and they gave them the appropriate setting instructions for the unit.

The cruise controls are installed in the right side of the steering wheel - Radio controls are on the left. There is no stalk control - it is done by buttons which I find preferrable to my previous Audi stalk system

I am quite sure that you WILL get a cruise for your i30 if you persist. Perhaps you should order your car from my Birmingham Dealership who solved my problems (Motorfair - Marston Green). PM me if you are interested - I am friends with the directors there and mentioning my name might help.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Alan to the rescue  :goodjob:

In cards that would be called Joker's wild wouldn't it  :rofl:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Funky

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
OK,  to clear up any confusion, this is the information/pricing off the Hyundai Accessory lists.

2011 Model Year

Petrol Cruise Control (Euro V)
Part No: HMY2610003 
UK Retail Price: £379.96

Diesel Cruise Control (Euro V)
Part No: HMY2610004
UK Retail Price: £379.96

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks Funky  :brilliant:

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

Hyundai UK provide confusing information. If you access their website and look at the full brochure details of the i30 2011 model year you will see that cruise is not listed as an accessory for the hatchback.
However - it is listed as an accessory for the i30 Estate - Diesel only. But this is qualified by the statement "Not for 2011 model year".

It is a nonsense to show it as only available for the estate version - the hatchback has the same engine etc and I had it fitted to my September 2010 1.6 CRDi Premium hatchback as a dealer fitted accessory.

i30 Estate
http://www.hyundai-car.co.uk/accessories/all/?modelName=i30+Estate&ref=222

i30 Hatchback
http://www.hyundai-car.co.uk/accessories/all/?modelName=i30

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
its easy to understand why our salesmen don't seem to know what you can or cant get as options, its because they learn about what they're selling from contradictory literature and sites.  :disapp: :rolleyes:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Funky

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Hyundai UK provide confusing information. If you access their website and look at the full brochure details of the i30 2011 model year you will see that cruise is not listed as an accessory for the hatchback.
However - it is listed as an accessory for the i30 Estate - Diesel only. But this is qualified by the statement "Not for 2011 model year".

It is a nonsense to show it as only available for the estate version - the hatchback has the same engine etc and I had it fitted to my September 2010 1.6 CRDi Premium hatchback as a dealer fitted accessory.

The Hyundai Retail accessory pages are not up to date. ie: the part number that is shown for the estate is the old Cruise control for pre Euro V vehicles.

The part numbers I listed above are off the Very latest Accessory price list and do not differentiate between Sallon/Estate and are the correct part numbers for Euro V vehicles.

For your  info the Euro V cruise is a completely different unit. The wiring is different and is not so easy to fit. The most noticable change is that it requires 2 holes to be drilled in the instrument panel to locate "light tubes" behind the Cruise indicator and Set indicator lenses. This makes it look more "factory fit" compared to the single green led that was the "on" indicator on the old unit.

In anycase ALL salesmen should be quoting from the accessory list that is available to them on iNet!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks again Funky  :goodjob:

Offline Alasama

• 5th Gear

• tw Taiwan
      Taoyuan County

It's really a good device. May I ask, did you fit CC by yourself or by your dealer ? Please.

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

It's really a good device. May I ask, did you fit CC by yourself or by your dealer ? Please.

Dealer fitted

Offline Alasama

• 5th Gear

• tw Taiwan
      Taoyuan County
we are wondering if there's any Hyundai engineers can fit it or not. bcoz all of our i30 series here has no factory-fitted CC, and even no such an optional part.  :blubber:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
I had, same trouble back in 2008 with CRDi then 2009 people here in Australia lead me to beleive all new Hyundai's would come stock with CC from 09 on.
my dealer had aftermarket CC fitted to my car from new and it has performed faltless for 3 years & many many K's. i personaly could not live without it. as i do a lot of traveling, like this past weekend covered 1,850k in 4 days just in my state

Offline squirrell48

• 1st Gear
I collected my Premium Diesel 1.6 CRDI from Motorfair near Birmingham Airport on Wednesday 4 May.  This Euro V car had been fitted with Cruise Control on the right hand side of the steering wheel and I used it most of the way back to Devon down the M5.  It works perfectly.  End of Cruise saga?  Probably, though I must say that I was appalled by the ignorance and lack of professionalism by some Hyundai dealers I spoke to in the West Country about Cruise Control on the Euro IV and Euro V i30.  They didn't know squiddely squat about it and they just didn't bother to find out.  The only person that spoke with any authority about it was Martin Thompson at Motorfair in Birmingham, and he had done his research.  Without his assurances, I would have walked away from Hyundai.
I must say that Martin Thompson at Motorfair was super efficient.  He picked me up from the airport where the coach dropped me at 11.30am, briefed me on the car, and completed the paperwork in super-quick time.  I was soon on the road and back home on the south coast by 4.30pm.
I am very pleased with the car and it handles far better than my Mark 4 Golf, much more precise and stable.  So far it's not quite as frugal as my old 1.9TDi, returning just 60mpg over the 180 miles (Golf did 64mpg), but this should improve as the engine loosens up.  All the automatic items work well and the seats are comfortable.  Whether the i30 will last as long as the Golf, be as reliable, and retain the paintwork quality over 10 years remains to be seen.  It is well worth the money I paid for it and it knocks others cars of similar size into a cocked hat, especially the Mark 6 Golf.  I just hope that the Hyundai customer care is better than VAG.  We shall see.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Interesting feedback thanks Squirrell  :goodjob:

Offline bryanj86

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Logan

• Logan, Queensland (i30 CRDi)
I was offered cruise control as a add on feature for my i30 CRDi here in Australia. the only catch was that i had to wait for 12 weeks until the next load of cars was coming in as the Queensland Government (the state i live in) had bought the whole fleet for their public servents! ahah! i was then offered an after-market fitting by Hyundai itsself for an extra 900$....i didnt go with it. And you know what?.... I am happy without cruise now as i find the i30 diesel holds its speed well and does not race or slow down often...
  • 2011 Crdi i30

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
another happy camper.  :goodjob2: :goodjob:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal