Euro i30 GD owners with DRL's - help needed figuring out wiring/sensing

Offline plasticphyte

• 4th Gear
  • Bazinga!

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Bazinga!
Hi all,

Ok, so in the pursuit of adding some DRL's to my car, and in keeping with OEM/Genuine parts, I'm considering getting the fog lamp/drl assembly from the tourer/estate/wagon model that has been launched here in Australia.
My source for the parts thinks the electronics that determine whether the parking/driving/high beam lights are on or not is part of the fog lamp assembly. My thoughts are that the relevant switching kit would be part of a wiring loom elsewhere in the car.

I'm wondering if someone with the genuine fog/drl assembly could do some investigative work, as obviously here in Australia there isn't a hatch model with DRL.

I am also considering the much cheaper fog/drl assembly from ebay as someone else has done here, however my preference is genuine parts first. Although at the price I've been quoted (which I won't be sharing at this stage), is fairly steep.

Really appreciate any help any member/s could provide.
  • i30 Premium 2012 1.6l Diesel

ouri30
I'm not 100% certain, but I think the eBay replacements are OEM Hyundai parts from Korea.  If I'm correct, I wouldn't be bothered getting the part in Australia as it is fitted to the wagon - they'll be one and the same but cost you a hell of a lot more.

Offline plasticphyte

• 4th Gear
  • Bazinga!

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Bazinga!
You're definitely not wrong. The price for the genuine kit is staggering.

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
I'm sure one of our OZ members fitted the fog-DRL's on his GD, but I really can't remember who.

Have you searched the forum for this.. :question: ...I think he posted a photo of the car in his driveway.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK

Offline plasticphyte

• 4th Gear
  • Bazinga!

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Bazinga!
Yes, I've seen that thread and read through it a dozen times. It has been pretty helpful. Thanks for the link.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal