i30 Owners Club

Adding remote unlock on 2008 i30

formu · 6 · 2107

Offline formu

• 1st Gear
Hello,

I've bought a used 2008 i30 (hatchback model), and the previous owner didn't buy the remote unlock option (so I recieved only two 'ordinary' keys with it). I have central locking, and also have one "lock/unlock" button on the drivers door.

I want to know, if it's possible to add remote unlock, and with how many modifications:

Is the reciever part standard on the BCM, so i can just buy a spare remote key, and have the dealer program the code in? Or is the remote/reciever part missing on the BCM, if this option is not selected when buying? (I've read the thread on adding a rheostat for internat illumination, where everything was installed, just the rheostat missing, so I was wondering if everything is installed here too, just not turned on).

...or is the only alternative to splice to the wires on that button on the drivers door, add some relays, and some aftermarket 12v remote control option, and hope for the best?
  • i30 fd 2008

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
:welcum: formu.  I have never heard of an i30 on here without a remote option, so I am fairly confident you just need to get a remote and have it programmed.  But don't sue me if I am wrong! Don't pay dealer price though!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :whsaid:

Have you made any progress on this? I've built remote locking systems for a variety of models if you need tips on the splicing - no relay required. :victory:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline formu

• 1st Gear
No progress yet... delay says it is impossible to add just the keyfob... But I still havent open the car (under the steering wheel) to check if the rx module is there.

Are there any good chinese modules available cheap? Rolling code is a must :)
  • i30 fd 2008

Offline Johnno

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bolton, Lancashire
I would take to a auto sparky, and see what he says, might have to fit a universal remote kit, have a look on youtube there's a few tutorials on how to fit them.
  • 2013 5D 1.6 CRDi Style Nav auto white

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I've built the rolling code types - no problem! :goodjob:
:link: The Return of the Froggy Plip - Second Edition
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal