i30 Owners Club

i30 engine options and special edition models ?

Ozbrum · 40 · 11834

Offline Ozbrum

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Mandurah, WA
Does anyone know or can share any photo's and comments on the changes both in body style and engines on how the i30 has evolved since its introduction in 2007 please ?

I was looking at a photo the other day of a 2007 hatch for sale and it looks more or less the same as a 2010 ?

I have a 2010 MY 2011cw and apart from the black around the head lights and silver roof rails everything else looks the same as the first cw that came out in 2009 or was it 2008 ?

You can only buy the i30 range here in Australia with the full safety package ie 6 airbags ESC and the other safety items .... Can you still buy the basic 2 airbags car in the UK and Europe ?

Greatfull for any comments or info ? ............ Cheers  :)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
You can only buy the i30 range here in Australia with the full safety package ie 6 airbags ESC and the other safety items .... Can you still buy the basic 2 airbags car in the UK and Europe ?

As far as I know all cars in UK come with 6 airbags from day 1

Mines a Sept 2007, one of the first in UK, and has all the safety features you quote including ESP
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
As far as I know all cars in UK come with 6 airbags from day 1

eye, 'tis true.

The only extra safety feature that wasn't there on day one production was the knee bolster required to make 5 star NCAP.

Offline Ozbrum

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Mandurah, WA
Interesting  :) The salesperson told me there was a drivers knee air bag on mine when I was picking it up in September just gone, I later assumed he had made a mistake or was getting mixed up with the Ford or Mitsubishi set up ...... So if that's right they have a 7 air bag set up now ?

There are a lot of 2007/8 for sale here with only 2 air bags they were used as fleet vehicles, the complete safety pack was an $890.00 option then, but had a lengthy delivery waiting time.

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

It's not an airbag for the knee, it's a solid foam cushion that fits inside the dash.

If anyone wants to fit it to an original car i believe it should fit if your dealer can  order it. Most cars in Australia with the protectz pack have it (In fact there were 46 produced that didnt).

Offline Ozbrum

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Mandurah, WA
I've just notice today in the West Aus: motoring section ... for Hyundai that the i30 Trophy hatch 2010 but fully compliant to the 2011 i30 model is now equipped with bluetooth ?

I purchased mine Sept: 10, built July 10 and classed as 2010 MY2011, but I don't have bluetooth on my i30 cw .. So it begs the question of 'How can Hyundai introduce 2 different versions of a supposedly limited edition model ?' and both of the same price ..... One could almost feel cheated ?? 

:o

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Ozbrum...

They have been rolling bluetooth out across the range to stay competitive, the old disclaimer "specifications may vary due to a process of constant improvement" applies... :'(

Frustrating for yourself and others but not as bad as those that bought a large screen TV say 12 months ago... :faint:

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

I purchased mine Sept: 10, built July 10 and classed as 2010 MY2011, but I don't have bluetooth on my i30 cw .. So it begs the question of 'How can Hyundai introduce 2 different versions of a supposedly limited edition model ?' and both of the same price ..... One could almost feel cheated ?? 

I would have thought a car built in July would be a MY2010, perhaps a MY2010.x what's the 10th digit of your VIN number?

I wouldn't worry about it too much though, its a bit like buying a computer, you have to buy one when you need it, otherwise you are always waiting...

Offline Ozbrum

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Mandurah, WA
Thanks Daz and Lorian for your replies and I will check that 10th digit of my VIN number  :).

I'm just one of those people that say ... 'but but why ain't I got that then ?  :lol:.

I paid over $2000.00 4 years ago for a 42" 'Standard' definition Panasonic plasma TV  :'(

Offline helpra

• 1st Gear

• pt Portugal
      Porto
Here in Portugal he have the diesel 1,6 90hp, 115hp or 128hp with 6 gears, only the 128hp have AT and 6 gears. With petrol we only have 1.4

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal