i30 Owners Club

i30 GD LED park light replacement, yet another thread

Javich · 3 · 3355

Offline Javich

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Australia
Well this time I won't bother you with questions and possibly will give you some hope to those of you that haven't managed to removed the parking light socket.

I have replaced the park lights with LEDs that I got from ebay here

:link: 2 X T10 W5W 6 LED 5630 SMD FPC Wedge Canbus Error Free CAR White Light Lamp Bulb | eBay

Not bad for $2 a pair, shame  one pair didn't work so wife's car will have to wait.

The result is like this:

I won't  bias your opinion, I will only say that the picture roughly reflect the difference between the stock bulb and one LED replaced.

Now re: the infamous socket, it is possible to take it out without breaking anything.

Use angle pliers like this below or better

grab the socket and jiggle gently while pulling out.

FYI this is how the socket looks with the LED installed, nothing magic about the damn socket other than it is tough to pull out but can be replaced with just a finger tip.

Additional notes:

On the drivers side (right seat if not in Australia), the wiper deposit made things more difficult but by removing the high beam bulb  and pushing its connector out of the way I managed to get the extra room to use the pliers comfortably.

If I was impressed with the result in the park lights I was more than delighted with the result in the plate numbers for the i30 Tourer as well as the ones I replaced for wife's Rio sedan.

• 2015 GD 5 Door Elite Tourer (Wagon), Diesel 1.6lt, 7DP Dual Clutch Auto, Red.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for that!  Nice job!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
"I won't  bias your opinion, I will only say that the picture roughly reflect the difference between the stock bulb and one LED replaced."

There is no dispute over replacing parking light with LED's, only Lo / Hi beams.  The replacement is really much better  :goodjob2:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal