Warranty Comparisons

AlanHo · 6 · 2632

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
My i30 has a 5 year warranty. However, KIA have 7 year warranty in the UK.  But is it really as good as it sounds?

KIA Warranty
The 7 year warranty is a full manufacturer’s warranty. The exact terms and conditions vary slightly between models but as a minimum:
•There is no mileage limit during the first 3 years, except for vehicles used as taxis where a limit of 100,000 miles applies.
•There is a 100,000 mile limit between years 4 and 7.
•Paintwork is covered for 5 years / 100,000 miles.
•Audio is covered for 3 years / 60,000 miles.
•Up to 12 year anti perforation warranty*
•Batteries are covered for 2 years.
•Normal ‘wear and tear’ on items such as brake linings and clutch linings, etc. are excluded from cover.
•The warranty is transferable to subsequent owners and is valid across Europe.

My Hyundai Warranty
Any component forming part of the original vehicle specification manufactured by Hyundai Motor Company or supplied by Hyundai Motor UK Ltd (except tyres and accessories), which are found to be defective as a result of a manufacturing defect during normal usage of the vehicle will, at the discretion of Hyundai Motor UK Ltd, be repaired or replaced, at no cost to the vehicle owner. Components replaced under the terms of the warranty shall continue to have the benefit of the unexpired portion of the warranty only.

My Triple Care warranty package includes free 5 year RAC roadside assistance and a free annual check of the car.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 16:44:47 by AlanHo »
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
With conditions like that you would require a philly lawyer should you wish to make a warranty claim
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
but it also states that the part will be repaired/replaced at the discretion of Hyundai motor company.  :wink: at their discretion,sound like Lester is right.  :idea: :wacko:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
but it also states that the part will be repaired/replaced at the discretion of Hyundai motor company.

Their discretion means Repair OR Replace (not whether they will fix it or not)  :lol:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
but it also states that the part will be repaired/replaced at the discretion of Hyundai motor company.

Their discretion means Repair OR Replace (not whether they will fix it or not)  :lol:
yes,a bit of a lottery.  :disapp:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Lucky for me in the 43,000k i have had my I30 there has been no need for the warranty to be used.

I am hopeful this will remain the case until it expires (I am planning to have a RACQ check just before the car hits 5 years to see if anything needs doing).
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal