i30 Owners Club

Nulon Come's Out On top ( Independent Tests )

CraigB · 7 · 4408

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
The latest independent German tests have Nulon coming out on top for engine protection over several of the common top brands MOLY DTC - Nulon oils put up against it's competitors

I'm a stead fast user of Royal Purple myself and would love to have seen tests including this brand as well.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Except they don't name the oils on the graph, thus avoiding the inconvenience of legal action should they not be as 'independent and legit' as they claim.

If it was 100% legit, one would think they would have no problems naming the particular oils in question on their graphs, after all, you can't be sued if you are telling the truth.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
The oils tested were mentioned on the front facing page

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
But they didn't have the guts to compare it with KY Jelly - did they............ :evil:
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
But they didn't have the guts to compare it with KY Jelly - did they............ :evil:
I don't think they were interested in your personal preferred lubricant :snigger:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia

True, but they are not listed next to the resulting graph, so it is impossible to work out what is what.

Also from memory there were less results in the 0w40 than named on the front page.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

True, but they are not listed next to the resulting graph, so it is impossible to work out what is what.

Also from memory there were less results in the 0w40 than named on the front page.
There is no need to list names beside the graph as Nulon outperformed all tested ( full results require purchasing ), in the 0w40 case with less results - I suspect this would be because of the missing brands not having a compatible viscosity available at hand ( not sure ) full results are found at LABS.NULON.COM.AU but they need to be purchased and would be very expensive and would only serve for more thorough scientific research.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal