i30 Owners Club

Year five service booked

diablo · 17 · 4469

Offline diablo

• 5th Gear

• england England
      Blackpool

• Fylde Coast England 1.4 petrol Comfort
Booked today and will cost £133 plus £35 MOT fee so not a fortune. Though it is a 'small' service I suppose. Maybe they'll fix any outstanding issues as well, I think there is at least one (though don't remember what it is).

The i30 turbo should be in the showrooms soon and I'm sure they'll send me an invite to look at it when it arrives. I'll be tempted to have a look, though I'm frightened they might persuade me to have a test drive - and I could easily buy one if I do that.  :scared:  :confused:

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
Doesn't sound right to me. I know I have a diesel but my 5th and final service ( a week before the warranty expired) cost about £220 and included coolant replacement.......I'm not sure they will be changing the coolant in your price? Is it the full Hy service or their year5+ budget service?

I had LOTS of work done in year5 under warranty, so give the car a careful check over before you go....

Offline diablo

• 5th Gear

• england England
      Blackpool

I didn't know they had a 'budget' service. From a previous service schedule I see that this should be the first time they replace the coolant, apart from that they just inspect lots of things and change the oil and filter. Next big service is year 6.

Year one service was £108, year two £237, can't find year three but I recall it was cheap, last year was £289. So it varies a lot between the different types. :)

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

Previously I've always supplied my own oil, but this year they were a bit arsey about it, so I just went with their oil, as I didn't want to upset the apple cart with the warranty working going on.

Here is the breakdown:

Oil Washer £0.72
Oil Filter £10.21
Anti-Freeze £27.18
Oil £79.43 (tosspots) <- not sure I'm allowed to say that, the filter will probably mod it, we'll see
Consumables £4.98 <- I guess that's a whole can of lithium grease, and I got at most 6 puffs out of it, they didn't even do the battery terminals or the bonnet catch. I know because I cleaned both off before I took it in.
Screen Wash £1.40 <- It was already full to the brim when I took it in, so where did they put this?
Labour 1.2 hours £108 <- I can hire a lawyer for less than this
Environment Charge £4

So you can see it was actually £235. A complete rip-off and why now the warranty has expired I will be servicing it myself.

It would have been cheaper for me to have a day out in Blackpool  :mrgreen:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Did they detail the oil used?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

They only use Helix Ultra, as per the book. I prefer Mobil 1 ESP, plus I can buy it for half the price.

Offline Johnno

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bolton, Lancashire
Hyundai servicing seems very vague to me.

My 5 year service plan consists  3 full services 16/18/20 and 3 free MOT's and the normal health checks. They will come and collect and drop off the car, with a full valet each time. cost £749 inclusive of all parts.

but when you look on the website there is a interim service which should be in my case 15/17/19

In the plan you don't get this. Today i called into the Hy service centre as I wanted a pot of touch up paint, £13.95 for a little pot, i thought Halfords were rip off merchants but Hy beats them hands down.

Anyway back to servicing, he told me if I want a interim service with oil and filter change it would cost £78 extra for each service.

But go onto the UK website and the prices differ
  • 2013 5D 1.6 CRDi Style Nav auto white

Offline diablo

• 5th Gear

• england England
      Blackpool

Took my car in on Thursday morning, as well as the service there was a brake pipe fix for a known problem.

Though they have had to keep it in as there is some sort of electronic fault. The chap who rang me about it was asking if I'd had any electical faults and I said that apart from needing to change the battery there had been none. He said they'd 'need to get Hyundai in'. So gawd knows what they've done to it.  :scared:

I wish I'd got one of their courtesy cars now. :) Though I'm hoping it will be fixed on Monday.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

as well as the service there was a brake pipe fix for a known problem.

Do you know:

What is this all about?

Where is it?

Which age range does it cover

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

Do you know:

What is this all about?

Where is it?

Pipe near the master cylinder splits or something, it has been discussed fairly recently, I think a member (perhaps two) have had it fail.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Do you know:

What is this all about?

Where is it?

Pipe near the master cylinder splits or something, it has been discussed fairly recently, I think a member (perhaps two) have had it fail.

Cheers

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: diablo
Though they have had to keep it in as there is some sort of electronic fault. ... He said they'd 'need to get Hyundai in'. So gawd knows what they've done to it.  :scared:

Keep your fingers crossed they didn't mistype your VIN if they used their VTP (Vin-To-Pin) system.

Crippled my old Fergie for 3 days when they did that a few years ago.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Took my car in on Thursday morning, as well as the service there was a brake pipe fix for a known problem.

Though they have had to keep it in as there is some sort of electronic fault. The chap who rang me about it was asking if I'd had any electical faults and I said that apart from needing to change the battery there had been none. He said they'd 'need to get Hyundai in'. So gawd knows what they've done to it.  :scared:

I wish I'd got one of their courtesy cars now. :) Though I'm hoping it will be fixed on Monday.

Might have to shout yourself a new one. There's the excuse you were looking for.  :lol:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline diablo

• 5th Gear

• england England
      Blackpool

Seems some wires had been rubbing against the ECU and when they were putting it back together the ECU got fried. They hope to get a new one in a couple of days. Made me an offer of a courtesy car which I may take them up on when they ring with progress report tomorrow.

At least it isn't something which might easily turn into an intermittent fault. :)

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

Seems some wires had been rubbing against the ECU
I don't think there are any wires near the ECU to rub against it. The large connector on the top of the ECU would be locked in place.

and when they were putting it back together the ECU got fried.
Putting what back together? In the 5th service the closest they should get to the ECU is to put some spray on the battery terminals.

Sounds a bit strange to me, but I'm very cynical.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
If they were fiddling with the ECU, considering what's at stake, why wasn't the battery disconnected  :question:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline diablo

• 5th Gear

• england England
      Blackpool

Finally got my car back today. They had hoped for yesterday but the parts arrived late. Seems to be working fine - though I'll have to retune the radio. :)

I had wondered what to put on their usual satisfaction Questionnaire but I realised by the time I fired up the engine that they had carelessly forgotten to ask me to fill one in.  :lol:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal