i30 Owners Club

Alternative fuel filter.

tweety · 5 · 2306

Offline tweety

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Strathbogie, Vic
Cars were never designed for mechanics. NIR parts designed for our hip pocket.

I like servicing my car myself. I've .odifued previous car to make servicing easier but Ford Zephyrs and other pre computerised cars are easy.

Is is feasible to bypass the fuel filter housing to incorporate and after market fuel filter. On one caravan forum a guy did do with his pajero. A $20 item (according to him) compared to $70.
The last time I bought a fuel filter it was a mortgage job. $145. The spare parts guy, after lifting my jaw from the floor, was able to significantly reduce the cist somehow!!!. Anyway I get annoyed with visits like this when on a limited pension income.

Any ideas.?
  • i30 crdi

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I've always found ebay to be my friend.

I generally get genuine filters on there cheaply.

:link: Genuine Hyundai I30 Diesel Filter KIT AIR OIL Fuel FD GD2 1 6L With Taxinvoice | eBay

Otherwise I have used Ryco and Sydney Filter Service.

:link: HYUNDAI i30 TURBO DIESEL 1.6L 03/08-04/12 FILTER KIT - Sydney Filters

• A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline tweety

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Strathbogie, Vic
Thankyou beerman. That's too good to be missed. Kind regards
  • i30 crdi

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
No worries my friend. Always good to help someone save money!
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline diesel1984

• 3rd Gear
Cars were never designed for mechanics. NIR parts designed for our hip pocket.

I like servicing my car myself. I've .odifued previous car to make servicing easier but Ford Zephyrs and other pre computerised cars are easy.

Is is feasible to bypass the fuel filter housing to incorporate and after market fuel filter. On one caravan forum a guy did do with his pajero. A $20 item (according to him) compared to $70.
The last time I bought a fuel filter it was a mortgage job. $145. The spare parts guy, after lifting my jaw from the floor, was able to significantly reduce the cist somehow!!!. Anyway I get annoyed with visits like this when on a limited pension income.

Any ideas.?

You don't need to do this, cutting hoses and bypassing fuel filter housing is not good idea.

Market is full of aftermarket fuel filters for fairly good prices.

Look for brands: bosch, filtron, mahle, knecht, hengst. They are all around 20$ or 26 eur and they bolt right on.
And few of them are better quality then oem hyundai/kia mobis filter.

• 1.6crdi

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal