i30 Owners Club

intermittent cruise control problems

Offline canbslrdl

• 2nd Gear

• ca Canada
      Riviere-du-Loup
i recently installed a 2din conversions on my 2012 touring GL (canadian model) and for some reason the cruise control only works about half the time.....either comes on and works fine or doesnt come on at all

If any one has any idea if the conversions could have any effect, i would really appreciate some guidance
  • 2012 Elantra touring gls

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
I presume you know that cc will not engage unless the brake pedal has been pressed at least once since start up.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline canbslrdl

• 2nd Gear

• ca Canada
      Riviere-du-Loup
Actually I didnt know that, but since I have a manual tranny, i have no choice but to presse the brake.  Thanks for the tip

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Actually I didnt know that, but since I have a manual tranny, i have no choice but to presse the brake.  Thanks for the tip

We have had Members with manuals who have driven off in certain circumstances without needing to use their footbrake before engaging cruise and had the same issue as you.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia

It needs to be pressed again, AFTER ENGINE START UP. Apparently, the electrical load form the brake lights is used by the cc to send a logical disconnect command, so the brake press tells the cc that the lights are working and it will then engage.

Offline canbslrdl

• 2nd Gear

• ca Canada
      Riviere-du-Loup
ok ill look into it...but would it affect my cc to the point that i cant even turn it on, and then a few starting cycles later, i so happens to work

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
No it wouldn't. Remember, as you have been working in the audio area you may have disturbed a plug connection possibly. Sounds like a big conversion, so even a pulled wire from the rear of a plug may be causing problems. Is the on / off switch working reliably on the steering wheel, you may have a coincidental fault there.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal