i30 Owners Club

Pre-delivery ECU issues (remote window control and others)

cdafam · 8 · 2283

Offline cdafam

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
Hi all,
So I just joined the i30 club as of last Wednesday, and boy am I stoked!
Previously was a VW fanboy, but I now see the light  :lol:

Picked myself a PD2 SR Premium in white and was buried in the manual the first night.

I noticed two features that stood out (one has been mentioned on this forum before, the other not so).

1. Remote window control - basically winding up and down the window via remote by long-pressing the lock/unlock buttons respectively; this was skipped on ECU mod at pre-delivery, so I'll be chasing it up at first 1,500km service.

2. Auto-dipping side mirrors on reverse - side mirrors should dip automatically on reverse gear (to prevent gutter rash when parking) and then revert to first position when changing out of gear). Is this a feature that is available on the top spec that is the SR Premium and something that can be activated via a BCM/ECU mod? (pardon my ignorance of the distinction between those two abbreviations) I've seen VW videos of a laptop hook up to the OBC with some data modified to allow for it.

Thanks all, and look forward to many fruitful discussions ahead!

Andy
  • 2018 i30 SR Premium PD2 (White 1.6T)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Andy, I had that feature in my previous car, a 2014 Calais V. It was very handy.

I only have the standard,  non prem SR. Like you say, don't believe that feature has been mentioned on here before. It is listed in the manual you say?

Certainly haven't noticed the option in any of the menues on mine.  :Pout:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Pappy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Sydney
Hi,

I have a PD SR Premium, I don't believe the mirror dipping feature is available on the AU built cars.

Have also noticed this feature in the manual and thought it would be great to have.

Not sure if this can be retro-activated via some ECU/BCM update - maybe have a chat to your friendly service manager :-)
  • MY18 PD SR Premium (Polar White)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I requested the remote window feature for Mrs G's. The dealer reported after the free service that it couldn't be done. I tested it and there it was. :lol:

I forgot to ask about the dipping. :-[
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Pity as it'd be such an easy feature to implement for Hyundai.

On my Ioniq I can move the mirror adjustment selector switch to left or right and leave it there - when I reverse the mirrors will dip.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline cdafam

• 1st Gear

• au Australia

I only have the standard,  non prem SR. Like you say, don't believe that feature has been mentioned on here before. It is listed in the manual you say?

Many thanks Daz! Thank you kindly for the warm welcome.

It is listed under section 3-26 of the manual, "Reverse parking aid function (if equiped)". The diagram included shows the auto transmission changer which looks identical to the i30.

I've fired over to my salesperson an email asking him of this. Will let you know once I get a response.

Offline cdafam

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
I requested the remote window feature for Mrs G's. The dealer reported after the free service that it couldn't be done. I tested it and there it was. :lol:

Haha, Hyundai never ceases to amaze!

Did the service person not update the rep who informed you it couldn't be done? Or did it just happen to 'switch on' after you got it back?

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ

Haha, Hyundai never ceases to amaze!

Did the service person not update the rep who informed you it couldn't be done? Or did it just happen to 'switch on' after you got it back?
No idea, but after that and a few other proofs-of-incompetence, we're not going back for the servicings! :spitty:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal