i30 Owners Club

Windscreen fluid pressure - how to open the trim cover

rahul · 8 · 3198

Offline rahul

• 1st Gear

• Kent
Hey,

Thanks for your help in advance. Having trouble with the pressure on the windscreen fluid.
Please see video. I did also check the pipe connection and can confirm that the pressure from the pump is fine (the fluid sprayed till about 6m). I even tried to clean the washer with a needle but no luck. I suspect there is an underlying broken pipe or t connector and keen to check under to see what is actually wrong but not sure how to take that cover off around the washers. Any advice , will be very helpful.

Video :

Just like the issue here I think ( the videos / images don't seem to load anymore so not sure what the solution was finally ) : :link: Windscreen washer - low pressure(?) in passenger side

Apologies for my noob language and terminology, but hoping the video explains the problem.

Thanks again.

Regards
  • i30 automatic active

PGN I30
Probably a split or loose pipe, remove the wipers then a few push in clips on the trim panel, it should just lift off then.

Offline rahul

• 1st Gear

• Kent
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your help and image. That helped a lot.

I will need your help once again please.
There are no cracks in the pipe , but the ends of the pipes have come off the washer exists on both the sides.
Do you have any advice on how to put that back, the space is fairly small as you can imagine.

thanks again :)

:link: ultra hosted at ImgBB — ImgBB
  • i30 automatic active

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
You'll not be able to reconnect the pipes without removing the wipers and cowling as shown above.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

PGN I30
Wouldn't have a clue how to reconnect them, the washer nozzles look like they can be removed from the top but never done it myself.

PGN I30
Wouldn't have a clue how to reconnect them, the washer nozzles look like they can be removed from the top but never done it myself.

PGN I30
From your photo, it looks as if the washer nozzle has detached from washer jet and is stuck in the pipe, not sure if these disconnect or if it's broken, new washer jets are not that expensive I don't think if they're broken.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I recently replaced the washer nozzles on a neighbours i10 - around £15 for the pair.

Had to remove the wiper arms then 4 push rivet clips (press the centre circle down to release) to remove the cowling. Only then could I access the jets and the piping fasteners to replace and reconnect. Total time was around 30 mins.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal