i30 Owners Club

Uk Service costs

nrf · 17 · 8281

Offline nrf

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Portsmouth
I have just picked up a new i30 1.6 diesel and the dealer is offering me a " special " service package . After the discount it works out as follows
year1 £150 year 2 £282 year 3 £150 year 4 £462 year 5 £150  Total £1228 . I can pay monthly by direct debt working out just under £25 a month .The prices are fixed . When I asked why it was more than on the Hyundai web site , I was told these included everything , while the Hyundai was more basic and you would pay for extras . Has anyone any thoughts , and what are others paying ? Year 4 looked a shocker ! Thank you in advance .
  • i30

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
This is not like for like   BUT   I took the 'SPECIAL' and with one thing and another I think I just broke even.

Were I to be starting out again today I probably would not take the 'SPECIAL' deal.

I realise that this won't help you much but it is an opinion and it is from some who has experience with regards to the question  :Shocked:

Mine didn't include the fourth service which as you say is a bit of a doozy so I am gonna have to get my hand in my pocket for that one. 

Oh and to explain why it's not like for like...  My car is a 1.6 petrol Edition I think the Edition is no longer available.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
I have just picked up a new i30 1.6 diesel and the dealer is offering me a " special " service package . After the discount it works out as follows
year1 £150 year 2 £282 year 3 £150 year 4 £462 year 5 £150  Total £1228 . I can pay monthly by direct debt working out just under £25 a month .The prices are fixed . When I asked why it was more than on the Hyundai web site , I was told these included everything , while the Hyundai was more basic and you would pay for extras . Has anyone any thoughts , and what are others paying ? Year 4 looked a shocker ! Thank you in advance .

Welcome aboard nrf,

Have they defined "everything", I assume they mean filters & oils etc. I'd get that in writing just to be sure. In Australia, there are many of us who supply our own oils and filters at a significant saving compared to Hy's pricing. That said, how much is the difference from the website and your deal. It should be the price of the "extras", is it.  :question:

How does the deal work, is it a contract, what if you sell the vehicle or have a disagreement with the service dept or staff. Are you committed to 5 years of servicing at just 1 dealership.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

Included MOT from year 3 on?????

When I bought mine they had a deal, of I think £200, for the first 3 services - 2 minor/oil change and 1 Major.

I'd check the service schedule re year 4 as I vaguely remember being told it is the same as year 2.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline nrf

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Portsmouth
Thank you for the feed back . I am still waiting for the dealer to ring me to see if I want to take out the "deal" . I rang the servicing dept yesterday to ask why the 4 year service was so high. He explained all the fluids get changed , so I asked the price today and was told £ 413. So my inflation proof, fixed price SPECIAL deal , is £50 more ( they wanted £462 ) ? I am going to ask for the service package as advertised on the Hyundai web site at £749 and see what they say. I asked about it when I picked up the car, 1st they wanted to know were I had seen this offer , they told me it was not as "inclusive" as theirs and I would have to pay for extras .I have seen nothing in writing other than the price list. £500 cheaper buys a lot of extras  :) I am not as down as this may all sound , I really like the car and keep smiling every time I get in. My new number plates have just arrived for my bike racks , so off to fit them . I had a tow bar fitted by the dealer .
  • i30

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Welcome to the forum nrf.  :goodjob2:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

I rang the servicing dept yesterday to ask why the 4 year service was so high. He explained all the fluids get changed ,

Don't these get done at 2nd year as well?

Offline baroudeur

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Thank you for the feed back . I am still waiting for the dealer to ring me to see if I want to take out the "deal" . I rang the servicing dept yesterday to ask why the 4 year service was so high. He explained all the fluids get changed , so I asked the price today and was told £ 413. So my inflation proof, fixed price SPECIAL deal , is £50 more ( they wanted £462 ) ? I am going to ask for the service package as advertised on the Hyundai web site at £749 and see what they say. I asked about it when I picked up the car, 1st they wanted to know were I had seen this offer , they told me it was not as "inclusive" as theirs and I would have to pay for extras .I have seen nothing in writing other than the price list. £500 cheaper buys a lot of extras  :) I am not as down as this may all sound , I really like the car and keep smiling every time I get in. My new number plates have just arrived for my bike racks , so off to fit them . I had a tow bar fitted by the dealer .

I took  a servicing deal offer on a new i30 in May 2011. After knocking down the initial price quoted  I pay £18.59 month for 54 months (4½ years) for 5 annual services which will  total £1016.  I also obtained the then current prices from three Hyundai dealers for the annual services   which came to £1106.26 so I will be over £100 in pocket without allowing for inflation. 
I would not  have taken it out if I had realised it included the  5th year service  as after year 4 there is no advantage warranty wise in continuing with  main dealer servicing..

I can cancel the deal at anytime with a £40 penalty but I am not sure how this works as the service prices vary considerably each time whereas my payments are fixed amounts. However, I have calculated that after the third year service what I will have paid in by then and the cost of the three services will be almost exactly the same so that may be the time to cancel if I want to leave or change the car although the deal is transferable without cost..

Edit:

I have just realised you were quoted $413 for the fourth service for which I was quoted £311 in May 2011.  So I am on a winner then.

Offline nrf

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Portsmouth
Thank you baradeur for the infomation . I am still not clear why the 4th service is so expensive , as aqua blue points out about the 2nd service , what else do they do ? Personally I would want to see a big saving to be stuck with one dealer for 5 years with all the hassle of trying to cancel it . Will they still be around then ?I will ring tomorrow to ask them to put me on the Hyundai deal at £ 749 , but I am not hopeful .
  • i30

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Just look at my service reports to see what is done on each service.

The reports are somewhere around this section...

Here ya go:

https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=6382.0
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

When I bought mine they had a deal, of I think £200, for the first 3 services - 2 minor/oil change and 1 Major.

The 3 year deal I got was promoted by HY UK and not the dealer or third party.

I understand I can go to any dealer, so if the the dealer I originally bought off goes bust I'm still covered.

Offline baroudeur

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Thank you baradeur for the infomation . I am still not clear why the 4th service is so expensive , as aqua blue points out about the 2nd service , what else do they do ? Personally I would want to see a big saving to be stuck with one dealer for 5 years with all the hassle of trying to cancel it . Will they still be around then ?I will ring tomorrow to ask them to put me on the Hyundai deal at £ 749 , but I am not hopeful .

Looking at the invoice in the link it is the labour that boosts the cost as the only additional parts item over the first service is the brake fluid change.

As far as still being around I have just learned that my nearest Hyundai dealer, 15 miles away,   has just lost the franchise.  Not surprised really as it was a one man business,  small showroom and workshop with virtually  no on site parking and no street parking  nearby.   I only used them for the odd part or accessory as I couldn't get on with the owner/salesman when I was thinking of my first Hyundai back in 2003.  Just shows what first impressions do........it's now two Terracans, a Getz and an i30 later. A new Hyundai dealership is under construction and will open later this year and it's a bit nearer to me at 12 miles as the  dealer  I use is 28 miles away.

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
My 2012 i30 has service intervals of 20,000 miles or 12 months.

The current standard servicing costs at my Hyundai dealership are as follows :-

12 months or 20,000 miles.....£139
24 months or 40,000 miles.....£240
36 months or 60,000 miles.....£190
48 months or 80,000 miles.....£285
60 months or 100,000 miles...£139
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline baroudeur

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
My 2012 i30 has service intervals of 20,000 miles or 12 months.

The current standard servicing costs at my Hyundai dealership are as follows :-

12 months or 20,000 miles.....£139
24 months or 40,000 miles.....£240
36 months or 60,000 miles.....£190
48 months or 80,000 miles.....£285
60 months or 100,000 miles...£139

Alan

Whilst dealers can charge what they wish  the  prices I got from the three dealers  were within a few pounds  so it appears that the service costs have dropped since I got my prices in June 2011.   This may be because of the change to 20,000 mile intervals instead of 12500 mile from 2011 MY   although the time  interval is still 12months between services.

The prices  quoted  to me in 2011 were:
20,000   £158.52
40,000   £272.11
60,000   £203.08
80,000   ££314.02
100,000 £158.52

At my first service in May 2012 my invoice showed no prices because of the service deal but it seems it was £170 so a bit up on the  price quoted a year earlier.

I must ring round a few dealers next month and see what prices I will be quoted for my May 40,000 service.  Beginning to regret entering this service agreement as it really ties my hands.  Wonder if I could transfer it  to another dealer as since last year there is  a new one only 12 miles away

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

I must ring round a few dealers next month and see what prices I will be quoted for my May 40,000 service.  Beginning to regret entering this service agreement as it really ties my hands.  Wonder if I could transfer it  to another dealer as since last year there is  a new one only 12 miles away

The 3 year deal I got last year isn't dealer specific.

I can go to any Hy dealer.

Just check yours to make sure..

Offline potnodleman

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      North West
I just had my 1st service 1yr/10,000 miles (interim check because I do less then 10k /year) and it cost me £129 altogether which includes the anti perforation check, which itself costs £30,  so I'm wondering does the prices u quoted include the anti perforation check as well?

I also inquired out of curiosity about the 2yr/20k miles major service too and the customer service person quoted £159?  :Shocked: which seems to be a steal compared to your quotes, this is at a proper Hyundai garage too
  • silver i30 classic 1.6 CRDi 110PS Diesel Blue Drive Manual

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

My offer included perforation check as book has been stamped.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal