i30 Owners Club

Cheapest day of the week for Diesel in Sydney?

rickai · 4 · 2372

Offline rickai

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Hurstville NSW
As topic, is there a cheapest day of the week for diesel? I know there is for petrol, cos I previously drove one. All I could dig up was Tuesday. Also do the prices fluctuate a lot? I've seen from 139.9 to 155. I wonder which price you guys would accept. Below 145?

One more thing, I know it's best to refuel at caltex, bp or shell but is 7-11 reliable? They're cheaper and they're ok for petrol too.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
From mine and other observations on here Diesel doesn't seem to fluctuate anywhere near as much as unleaded.. I'm not in Sydney so can't comment specifically..

If I get a diesel again I will try to use the Premium Diesel where possible if it is only a few cents dearer. Looks like most Caltex stations down here are only stocking the premium (not sure about other brands, haven't looked lately)

Look for Stations with a good turnover (busy)  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
If I get a diesel again I will try to use the Premium Diesel where possible if it is only a few cents dearer.

That's ok if you have a Premium.
Do they do Active diesel?  :undecided:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline constipated

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
As topic, is there a cheapest day of the week for diesel? I know there is for petrol, cos I previously drove one. All I could dig up was Tuesday. Also do the prices fluctuate a lot? I've seen from 139.9 to 155. I wonder which price you guys would accept. Below 145?

One more thing, I know it's best to refuel at caltex, bp or shell but is 7-11 reliable? They're cheaper and they're ok for petrol too.

There is no diesel cycle in Sydney, at least not yet.

I tend to find that 7-Eleven and the independents seem cheaper but an uncertain about the quality of independents. 7-Eleven use Mobil fields so I think they are ok.

Coles and Woolworths are often several cents more expensive than the rest making any savings from fuel vouchers disappear.

Use motormouth website to help you find the cheapest.
  • MY11 - SLX CRDi 6 speed manual

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal