eye30 · 17 · 4834

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Question?

On the latest models, any country, are the washer jets adjustable?

I ask this again as mine, model 09/2007, are fixed and the water from the washer jets only hit botton 1/4 of the windowscreen.

When I reported this to HY UK some 20 months ago they reponded by confirming the jet nozzles do not move, which I had already told them, and indicated they would pass my comments to HY HQ in Korea for them to consider changing on later models.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline SRT Metro

• 6th Gear
  • i30CW 2.0 CRDi, 2009

• se Sweden
      Halmstad, Sweden

• Halmstad, Sweden's Riviera
Hi!
Mine is not adjustable... Model 11/2008... Sweden... only hit bottom 1/4 of the windscreen...
  • I30 CW 2.0 CRDi

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
I don't see this as a problem, it is the same on mine, yet I find that the overall spray effect from the washer is more efficient than most other vehicles I have owned.
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I remember you were worried about this quite some time ago but Hy haven't ever responded with a "fix". My sprayer is so powerful that it disperses the jet all over the lower half of the windscreen, and while travelling that gives the wipers something to go at. Not a problem here buddy
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Blue

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle

• Newcastle, Oz
Mine is pretty powerful too... sprays water quite well...  don't know how much of the windscreen it covers, but I remember thinking wow, they are good the first time I used them.

Offline freakzoide

• 2nd Gear
On my Ceed, it sprays very well if you are not moving!
If you go over 100Km/h, if only sprays the very bottom of the windscreen!

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Cheers for all the replies. 

As you all say it's not a problem, likewise I agree whilst moving but if you decide to spray when stopped then ........................

I ask because it due in for its 2 year service next month and if there was a new spray unit I would ask for it to be fitted, under warranty.

Offline SRT Metro

• 6th Gear
  • i30CW 2.0 CRDi, 2009

• se Sweden
      Halmstad, Sweden

• Halmstad, Sweden's Riviera
It can be a problem here in South of Sweden under winter time....
Not because of the snow but icy roads.
We use salt on the roads when the roads are icy to melt the ice.
Your windscreen becomes very dirty from the salt they have spread on the roads.
And if your washer jet sprays to low when you are using them and driving on a highway and then using your wipers,
then you are in big trouble and can't see anything...
  • I30 CW 2.0 CRDi

Offline Sharky

• 2nd Gear
I had the same remark. When you stand still I don't really find it a problem. Then most of the windscreen gets sprayed. But when you drive on the highway I find that the spray gets blown on the lower parts of the windscreen. Then I have to use way more water untill the entire windscreen is clean. Don't know if a more powerfull motor can overcome this. BTW does anyone know of you can ruine the water jet motor by trying to use it when there is no water in? I have the impression that after the tank was empty for the first time it was not as powerfull as before. Maybe I should have filled it earlier and not trie to spray while it was empty?

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

does anyone know of you can ruin the water jet motor by trying to use it when there is no water in? I have the impression that after the tank was empty for the first time it was not as powerfull as before. Maybe I should have filled it earlier and not tried to spray while it was empty?

It may be clogged up with the inhibitor in the screen wash as I understand it has a "greasy" feel to it.

It seems from Shambles posting that to get at the motor/connectors isn't readily accessable without removing the panel behind the right wheel.

May be worth seeing if you can "blow" through with say warm water.

Offline Myowni30

• 5th Gear

• Midlands, UK
Does anyone know of you can ruine the water jet motor by trying to use it when there is no water in? I have the impression that after the tank was empty for the first time it was not as powerfull as before. Maybe I should have filled it earlier and not trie to spray while it was empty?

I had that problem on a 2 year old Astra Coupe. The dealer wanted to fit new washer reservoir and washer jets at a silly price.

Had a thought, I will empty the system then fill it with Coca Cola, that will sure descale it, emptied the system by pushing the washer button. Filled it with Coca Cola, pushed the button to get it up to the washer jets then left it over night. Tried it the next morning and bingo it worked. Back to full pressure, pushed the button to pump out the Cola while filling it up with water as I went so not to let the system run dry. Had the car for a further 2 years with no problems.

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

empty the system then fill it with Coca Cola, that will sure descale it, emptied the system by pushing the washer button. Filled it with Coca Cola, pushed the button to get it up to the washer jets then left it over night. Tried it the next morning and bingo it worked. Back to full pressure, pushed the button to pump out the Cola while filling it up with water as I went so not to let the system run dry.

I'd put a measure of gin in and have Cuba Libre on tap at each clean of the windows :lol:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Eye30 - please PM me your address for when you try that trick :lol:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Eye30 - please PM me your address for when you try that trick :lol:

A whole new meaning to "drink and drive " or should it be "drive and drink"

Offline hipposniper

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Devon

• ex-Heidi..North Devon.UK

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
You should NEVER drink and drive...........................

You might spill it :lol: :lol:
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal