i30 Owners Club

Trim Adhesive

Offline IanWright

• 1st Gear
I got out the soap n' water to give our new i30 it's first clean yesterday. And in doing so spotted a couple of areas where the trim was coming away from the side of the car.

Most noticeably this is on the drivers door, and we also have the silver i30 covers that go on the lip just underneath the door, however the passenger one was found in the boot when we bought it as it won't stick down.

What I'm wondering, is firstly would they sort this out at a garage under warranty or do I need to go about fixing myself?

If I've got to fix it myself what's the best way to do so? I was thinking I could probably get some more adhesive strips, although to apply them I need to take off the whole trim, place the strips on and put the trim back again (attempting to keep it straight!). I'm not sure if that might mark the doors if the trim is still pretty sticky in places?

Alternatively I've read about some spray on adhesives? They're probably easier to apply as 'touch ups' to the areas that have lost their stickiness, however the only contact they would have is on the existing strips (as there would be a gap between trim + door) so not sure if they'd do the job or not.

Anyone have any suggestions? The area coming unstuck at the drivers door is probably about 6 inches long if I were to peel it off gently.

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
I'd use 3M double sided tape. You can buy it in rolls.

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear
  • queenslands most feminine

• au Australia
      Gympie

• thunder wishes it could be the snow
    • My Fuelly
if its under 1000k's i'd definantly have it looked at under warranty, its like a satisfaction thing covers your rattles etc. just chat to your dealer about it

edit: just saw your other post you say its 2nd hand....oops sorry  :-[
you could ask the dealer what they'd suggest and see if they would do it under warranty; or even as a free token with a service if close enough, never hurts to ask :)
  • SR AUTO 2.0 Petrol Hatch

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
even a used i30 should have warranty left on it. :razz:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Blue

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle

• Newcastle, Oz
even a used i30 should have warranty left on it. :razz:

Yes, in Oz (Can't tell your location sorry Ian) it MUST have a warranty even if used and out of manufacturers warranty, so long as it costs more than a certain amount... and an i30 WILL cost more than that amount (varies state to state).

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal