i30 Owners Club

Air bag warning light

Offline rustbucket

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Hi all,

Had to drop the i30 in for a unexpected check yesterday. The air bag warning light had come on and as per manual I had it checked. In the end all that had happened was that a connector to the curtain airbag on the drivers side had backed out and only required re-seating and locked it properly. All good now , just thought I would relate the experience. Still love the car.

Regards

Rustbucket

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks Doug... all good info in case it happens to someone else and the dealer can't work it out :wink:

Did the daughter get any closer to buying a Getz?
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline rustbucket

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Hi Dazz,

She saw an article re the possible release of the i20 in Australia and is now thinking about waiting to check one out. Mind you she was quite happy driving our i30 around today. So who knows. At least she is now thinking about what you get in the car safety wise for your money. Our's definitely needs a nice long run. Been driving around the city to much lately needs to stretch its legs. A run to Melbourne maybe?

Thanks

Doug

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Reckon the i20 will be priced a couple of grand higher than the Getz.. (Still got a soft spot for the Getz - if I could justify 3 cars for two people I'd get another one just to buzz around in...)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
The i20 look like a brilliant car to me. If it had been available when we bought the 207 we'd have probably gone for one. I might have bought one if the boot had been bigger ;-)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal