i30 Owners Club

Flat battery

julian · 38 · 8980

Offline andrew

• 2nd Gear

• dk Denmark
      Denmark
A couple of days ago, when I pulled my key out and opened the door, the lights on the dashboard didn't turn off automatically...
To clarify the problem: When you say "the lights on the dashboard" do you mean the radio display and/or the lights in the speedo binacle etc, or the headlights?

I think you mean the headlights but it's not what you said. :)

I meant the lights in the speedo etc.

Pip
Well that's an interesting fault. Sounds like a lot was still alive and the drained battery confirms that.

Hopefully the dealer can diagnose the problem. Although if it's an unknown problem and intermittant... good luck!

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
A couple of days ago, when I pulled my key out and opened the door, the lights on the dashboard didn't turn off automatically...
To clarify the problem: When you say "the lights on the dashboard" do you mean the radio display and/or the lights in the speedo binacle etc, or the headlights?

The only time I have seen that is if a door hasn't closed properly, Kim once closed her door softly and it "looked" closed from the outside but it was not completely latched.  All the interior lights and dash lights stay on and although you can lock the car the alarm does not set.

• Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline andrew

• 2nd Gear

• dk Denmark
      Denmark

The only time I have seen that is if a door hasn't closed properly, Kim once closed her door softly and it "looked" closed from the outside but it was not completely latched.  All the interior lights and dash lights stay on and although you can lock the car the alarm does not set.

But the lights in the speedos etc should be turned off when you open your door. Only the interior lights will stays until you lock the doors. Am I right?

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Not sure if this applies to all models, but a "door open" event (applies to the hatch as well) leaves the display showing a graphic of the open door on the dashboard, even if the car has been locked.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
That was how I noticed that Kim had left the door ajar, it was daylight so did not notice the interior lights were on however saw the blue display in the dash and went to investimigate.......

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
... investimigate.......

That's my new favourite word
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Yeah, I love playing with words and waiting for the reaction, be it in the written or spoken variety.

Eilidh gets really annoyed with me calling bananas bandanas, hee hee.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal