i30 Owners Club

24 month service

CraigB · 12 · 4094

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Put the car in this morning for it's 24 month/30,000km service ( only done 20,000kms ) supplied my own Shell Ultra and requested the gearbox fluid be changed as well with the Penrite Progear, didn't require an air filter as I use my own, brake fluid was also changed so the cost was $170

Everything tested fine with no outstanding items that required fixing other than an issue I've raised with them regarding the front bumper being a slightly different shade to the rest of the car :rolleyes: other than that all is good :)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :goodjob2: :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline pidim

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Funny you mention about the bumper bar colour match. I have the same issue with my rear bumper, and it always bugs me to look at it.  I do notice other makes sometimes - especially metallic paint jobs, but mine is a non metallic so I was suprised to see this. 

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Funny you mention about the bumper bar colour match. I have the same issue with my rear bumper, and it always bugs me to look at it.  I do notice other makes sometimes - especially metallic paint jobs, but mine is a non metallic so I was suprised to see this.

My Holden is the same (Plastic bumpers about one shade different in some lights - also solid white) :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Everything tested fine with no outstanding items that required fixing other than an issue I've raised with them regarding the front bumper being a slightly different shade to the rest of the car :rolleyes: other than that all is good :)

I suspect they'll do nothing about it, Craig as the warranty for that sort of thing has expired...

HYUNDAI NEW VEHICLE WARRANTY POLICY & PERIOD

Exterior Paint Application Defects - 12 months / Unlimited km
Paint application defects will be considered to be overspray, low gloss, mismatch, mottling, cloudy, runs, fish eye, pin holes, slow drying, thin paint, waving, tape mark, touch mark, polishing/sanding mark, touch up, dust or dirt in the paint.

Offline omegaspeedy

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Pukekohe
Yeah looks like the mismatch is common especially on our Silver and metallic grey (Hyper Silver) colours. I read somewhere that the fleck in the paint is extremely hard to match as the plastic paint is different than the metal paint. It looks worst when photographed or in bright light. My new LTD 2.0L (similar to the Auz SR or US GT) is slightly off too. I try not to think about it or the OSD in me will drive me nuts :)
  • 2016 i30 Elite Limited 2.0L Auto Phantom Black Pearl

Offline pidim

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Yeah looks like the mismatch is common especially on our Silver and metallic grey (Hyper Silver) colours. I read somewhere that the fleck in the paint is extremely hard to match as the plastic paint is different than the metal paint. It looks worst when photographed or in bright light. My new LTD 2.0L (similar to the Auz SR or US GT) is slightly off too. I try not to think about it or the OSD in me will drive me nuts :)

I heard the issue was that applying the same paint to surfaces with different temperatures causes this - ie. metal vs plastic surface temperature.  It seems some car manufacturers can get this right - eg every VW I've seen so far

Offline omegaspeedy

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Pukekohe

I heard the issue was that applying the same paint to surfaces with different temperatures causes this - ie. metal vs plastic surface temperature.  It seems some car manufacturers can get this right - eg every VW I've seen so far

Even the fine Germans run into similar problems.

:link: United Gray owners- paint match question - VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum -
  • 2016 i30 Elite Limited 2.0L Auto Phantom Black Pearl

Offline pidim

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Even the fine Germans run into similar problems.

:link: United Gray owners- paint match question - VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum -

Yes I think metallic paint is common, but I have not noticed it with basic white. Mine is quite distinct.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Problem as I understand it is two fold.

Firstly it is difficult to match colour on plastic as the paint reacts differently (and my recent front bumper respray had to go back for more work for this reason, what looked good out of the tin, did not on the plastic).

Secondly, the bumpers are often sprayed in a different location with different paint batch.

That said, I have no problem with my bumpers.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

I suspect they'll do nothing about it, Craig as the warranty for that sort of thing has expired...

HYUNDAI NEW VEHICLE WARRANTY POLICY & PERIOD

Exterior Paint Application Defects - 12 months / Unlimited km
Paint application defects will be considered to be overspray, low gloss, mismatch, mottling, cloudy, runs, fish eye, pin holes, slow drying, thin paint, waving, tape mark, touch mark, polishing/sanding mark, touch up, dust or dirt in the paint.
I've got it on record for this mismatched bumper as I complained about it after buying the car, now that they have a new service manager that seems more capable of pushing my complaint I decided to raise the issue again.
They should be able to match it correctly as the rear bumper is fine...just the front is what I keep noticing and it's ticking me off :foottap:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal