i30 Owners Club

Finally got it! :)

Guest · 104 · 32799

Xamaxy
hahahah babis_xo, i NEVER met a Greek who is not on some kind of shit, atleast ganja. :rofl: :goodjob:

***UPDATE

LSD insert is in and i would recommend it to everyone.
One thing is for sure, every single car i will own in a future will get LSD insert the very next day! :goodjob:
Bloody thing does unbelievable job!
Acceleration now feel like being shot out of canon hahhahahaha

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece
      Body lives in Athens, heart in Thessaloniki

• ...em ot keerG lla s'ti
 :goodjob:

hahahah babis_xo, i NEVER met a Greek who is not on some kind of shit, atleast ganja. :rofl: :goodjob:
:o Shouldn't you be worried about whom you hang out with? :rofl:
  • 1.4 HB Classic '09 White

Offline Gwandad

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
G'day. Bunch of questions if you don't mind. I'm a new member & am waiting delivery of i30 CW SLX CRDi 1.6 auto. I am interested in the chip mentioned. Is it a real chip update, or one of those plug in ones. Not sure  what LSD refers to. Is it a limited slip diff, a dose of drugs, or a private joke. Would anybody recommend a plug in tuning box. The claims made seem to be unbelievable. Thanks.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
yes the reference to LSD  is his diff.  :goodjob:  there are a lot of posts on the chip/tuning box mods throughout the site.  :razz: I'm sorry i cant give any feed back on the topic because my 2 cars are 2.0 petrol.  :whistler: :mrgreen:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline ElleB

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• Our Elle B
 Just a note to say I have my Spider tune box and it will be installed next weekend. I am doing a run of about 1500km over Easter, so it will be a good change to test it out.

Elle B now has 33 K on it  so is well run in and I have all the fuel figures from 16K when we bought it. It is an auto, which is a bummer , but  still will give a good comparison of before and after. I am about to work out my average for the last 17plus K, so other auto owners may be interested in the figures, since there has been some discussion about the CW auto being thirstier than some thought it should.

Also hope to have my OBD2 data reader installed and operating through my iphone, so I can see what is happening via the ECU readout.

Some CAI ducting will be next, but I want to get a before and after for each stage rather than plunge straight in...

Will report back ASAP.

Stay safe over Easter...and keep to the speed limits, so you have some "play money" left in your pockets!! :rofl:

Elle B
  • 2016 i30 CW auto

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for the heads up ElleB .. look forward to hearing your results  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline ElleB

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• Our Elle B
  Did the figures for the last 17,000Km in the CW auto and the average was 6.13 Lt/100Km. :faint:

This is mainly rural driving on the fringe of Sydney and involves  4 x daily work of 100Km / week, a third of which involves up and down the  hills. ( Putty - Singleton Road).

Stand by for the next installment.   :D

Elle B
  • 2016 i30 CW auto

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Did the figures for the last 17,000Km in the CW auto and the average was 6.13 Lt/100Km. :faint:

:goodjob:  Got to be happy with that :exclaim:

Xamaxy
G'day. Bunch of questions if you don't mind. I'm a new member & am waiting delivery of i30 CW SLX CRDi 1.6 auto. I am interested in the chip mentioned. Is it a real chip update, or one of those plug in ones. Not sure  what LSD refers to. Is it a limited slip diff, a dose of drugs, or a private joke. Would anybody recommend a plug in tuning box. The claims made seem to be unbelievable. Thanks.

Hi, congrats on a new car!
Like people already said LSD is short for limited slip differential. You can google about it and get better explanation then on my english  :whistler:

Claims made ARE unbelievable since 99% of population believes factory makes cars perfect which is soooo far from truth!
Many UK members have plug in tuning box and they will be the best way to start.
Cheers.

Xamaxy
32.000km on the clock, still enjoying every ride.

Recently got new BCM in warranty (i think its body control module) for the issue i had with turn indicators and the problem is fixed, very happy about that.

After all that mileage and time spent with my car i only dont like 1 thing. Hyundai philosophy to put 240kph speed dial in strongest car version.

Its not fancy enough hehehe, atleast 260 would be nice  :mrgreen:

Does anyone have 17" and 16" wheels for i30 and how would you describe difference if its even there?

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece

Happy for you :goodjob:
I've never heard of BCM before (though I'm aware of Shakira's & JLo's resembling modules :lol: )

Xamaxy
Happy for you :goodjob:
I've never heard of BCM before (though I'm aware of Shakira's & JLo's resembling modules :lol: )

:rofl: :rofl:

BCM is something that replaced old relay switches or smthng like that, peripheral electronics like turn indicators etc goes through it...i think :whistler:
I forgot technical explanation the moment my dude from hyundai stopped talking hahahahahah

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece

:lol:
I remember the old relay switch; a small cylindric metallic thingy that I had replaced several times on an old Fiat 128 :rolleyes:

Xamaxy
I need a little help.
I dont have Cruise Control in my car and i know it can be installed.

My question goes to all of you who have it:
-did you test the same route with and without CC and what was the difference in economy?  (if there was one)

My thinking is that i rarely do long distance any more to need CC so that i can rest my foot or things like that.
However i like gadgets like CC hehehe, but in the end if the difference in economy is only 0,2l per 100km for CC that is too little to spend 400 euro on it.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Xamaxy..

The wife (TrishCW) has cruise on her Petrol CW but as it is a base model doesn't have a trip PC and she seldom does the sort of trips where she could test the relative economy anyway. However, when I have used it the factory cruise seems quite clever managing to keep her car at a very steady speed.

I personally, don't think you would save .2 or more though unless you are normally very aggresive with the throttle. The Cruise on my Camry Hybrid is actually quite agressive with the throttle on hills and I can actually drive more economically without it...Will be interested to see what others think.  :cool:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
I've found the cruise on the wife's cw to be excellent on the freeway or an open road.  :goodjob: but out in the country where its a bit hilly it seems to jump up and down gears very violently.  :scared: :fum:

Offline neoto

• 3rd Gear

• si Slovenia

• i30cw 1.6 CRDi Style 90 HP
I am quite satisfied with the CC on my i30, but I can get better mileage without activating it (especially on hills, where you instinctively drop the speed a bit, while the CC maintains it.
CC only has some hickups when driving downhill on the motorway, where it slighty oscillates. I prefer to deactivate it in such conditions.

Xamaxy
I am quite satisfied with the CC on my i30, but I can get better mileage without activating it (especially on hills, where you instinctively drop the speed a bit, while the CC maintains it.
CC only has some hickups when driving downhill on the motorway, where it slighty oscillates. I prefer to deactivate it in such conditions.

So in general the difference is small and not worth 400 euro investment to get it?

@2i30s

Excellent in what way? Relaxing to the driver? Or excellent in term of economy?
I ask this specificly since i like to drive and have absolutely no problem with pressing the pedal myself hehehe...but if the diff in economy is significant to justify 400euro expense then thats it.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yes, that appears the case if you are jost hoping for better economy  :winker:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic

So in general the difference is small and not worth 400 euro investment to get it?

@2i30s

Excellent in what way? Relaxing to the driver? Or excellent in term of economy?
I ask this specificly since i like to drive and have absolutely no problem with pressing the pedal myself hehehe...but if the diff in economy is significant to justify 400euro expense then thats it.
its excellent in a long drive,well it is the wife's car.  :whistler: :goodjob: my hatch has only my leg and foot as cruise control.  :lol: :twisted:

Xamaxy
A bit said news, my stick got most likely fried today.
I was driving on highway and listening the usb music and suddenly *krck* and no music. Radio works. USB not.
Tried USB at home on my pc and no use. So its dead.

Only thing i can think of why is dead is next:
-in manual is said that you must first start vehicle then input USB, or first remove usb then turn the car off. I did not do that. I just left it plugged in always.

Anything similar happened to You?

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
had a stick constantly in my i30 for three years and now in the ix20 and never had an issue :(

Sent from my 1000et
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
No issues with my 8gb stick whatsoever.... :goodjob:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

No issues yet in either of our i30's or my Camry Hybrid  :goodjob:

Xamaxy
My Blue Lady again gives me headache hehehehehe....after USB stick got fried, now i have nail in tyre :happydance:

I guess its those days of month, i wonder what will she next throw at me :rofl:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

My Blue Lady again gives me headache hehehehehe....after USB stick got fried, now i have nail in tyre :happydance:

I guess its those days of month, i wonder what will she next throw at me :rofl:

Great "turn of phrase"  :goodjob:  :rofl:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
The pic has disappeared from post #1 :rolleyes:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Xamaxy

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece

A bit said news, my stick got most likely fried today.
I was driving on highway and listening the usb music and suddenly *krck* and no music. Radio works. USB not.
Tried USB at home on my pc and no use. So its dead.

Only thing i can think of why is dead is next:
-in manual is said that you must first start vehicle then input USB, or first remove usb then turn the car off. I did not do that. I just left it plugged in always.

Maybe it was actually fried if you park the car under direct sunlight?

Xamaxy
Update on pics

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

34.500km on trip comp so in a week i'll be going for 35.000 service. Can wait to see if everything is ok and normal :happydance:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal