3 subwoofer boot build and refresh of fascia

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Carrickferugs, Northern Ireland, UK

• My other car has no roof :O Mk1 MX5 1.8
:whsaid:

Can you drive on snow with these tires?

surprisingly well babis. Shocked me how well it drove in the snow, the place where those pictures were taking was in a rather remote place, up a mountain. Was very pleased with how the ESP worked. If i didn't have it I dont think it would have been possible to get there for the pictures. Think the torque of the CRDi helped also
  • Premium 1.6 CRDi 2008 MY

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece
      Body lives in Athens, heart in Thessaloniki

• ...em ot keerG lla s'ti
 :goodjob:
I was thinking of spending some money on skids but i'm glad i didn't  :mrgreen:
  • 1.4 HB Classic '09 White

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom

Hey guys, its been a while since ive posted, just havent had the time :(
However, car got washed and a bit of TLC at the weekend, and though id post a couple of new picutres, with the new body kit which was installed recently. It's not an official Hyundai One, but was designed for the car. Fitted 100% perfect with no problems,and to be fair looks just as good.

purchased from http://www.accessoryplus.co.uk/product/Hyundai_i30_Sports_Kit_HMY3610006

Ships very quickly (to the UK) not sure weather they offered international shipping) and very good communication!

Also finally got my i30 owners club logo done, thanks to a local company http://www.blackwatergraphics.com/
And decided to buy a 1.4 badge for the back *Shhh* nobody else needs to know.

Also decided to redo the centre console, after growing a strong dislike to the fabric thing.  :whistler: Im happy enough with the outcome of it, considering ive never really sprayed anything before. took a couple of attempts, but its finito for now.

This is how the boot build stands for now, time and money are non existent at the minute, so its going to be like that for a while :(

The car was also recently remapped by a company , http://www.auto-tune.co.uk/

The car was originally 115bhp, and after the remap, and a bit of tweaking, now sits comfortably at 144.9!! It has made so much of a differance, and for the price was very happy.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 10:54:33 by syecadelic »

Offline snakoil

• 2nd Gear
is this you oem faceplate around the radio (2 din size) or an aftermarket one?
would like to know to get one in mine

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom

is this you oem faceplate around the radio (2 din size) or an aftermarket one?
would like to know to get one in mine

Hey @Snakoil,

This is the standard oem faceplate. I had to cut it out, to allow for the aftermarket double din. Due to my not very good skills with the saw blade, I decided also to purchase this fitting kit http://tinyurl.com/5wwlp8x Autoleads supplied it.
which helps keep nice straight ediges. Due to the stereo screen sitting the way it does, i found it easier sticking the fascia on with superglue, to prevent it coming off, just a personal thing

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Sye.. Your Window sticker came up great and so did your interior spray job .. and the Bodykit is neat too... :goodjob2: :goodjob: :goodjob2:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom

Hi Sye.. Your Window sticker came up great and so did your interior spray job .. and the Bodykit is neat too... :goodjob2: :goodjob: :goodjob2:
Cheers Dazzler, thats the 2nd one, the first one never went on right, and one of the wee corners started lifting up. :fum:

All good now tho :)

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Nice job Simon :goodjob: :goodjob:

Couple of comments, I take it the OC sticker is on the outside of the rear screen and that is why you have removed the rear wiper??

I take it you also have (or will have) a spare set of LEGAL :Shocked: registration plates for MOT time??
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom

Nice job Simon :goodjob: :goodjob:

Couple of comments, I take it the OC sticker is on the outside of the rear screen and that is why you have removed the rear wiper??

I take it you also have (or will have) a spare set of LEGAL :Shocked: registration plates for MOT time??
Thanks Bumpkin (=
1. Yeah sticker is on the outside of the glass. found out a nasty thing when put the dealer rear window stick on the inside, peelig it off wrecked the window tint film :( The wiper was removed before the sticker was put on, think it looks 'cleaner' .

2.yeah still have legal plates for MOT. saying that, the i30 plates have been on the car since march and havent attracted any police, possibly due to the fact their clearly legible? I know their not 100%, if legal at all due to the regulations... but sure. something unique :)

Offline alc2

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Bucharest
Nice car :D.
I suggest you  to  paint also  the  silver  piece  from the  steering  wheel .
Please , can  you  help  me  with info  about  how  to  remove  the central   console , i  want  to  paint it and   then  to  apply hydrotransfer     Or DIY  exist  and i''m not aware  of ? :blubber:

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom

Nice car :D.
I suggest you  to  paint also  the  silver  piece  from the  steering  wheel .
Please , can  you  help  me  with info  about  how  to  remove  the central   console , i  want  to  paint it and   then  to  apply hydrotransfer     Or DIY  exist  and i''m not aware  of ? :blubber:

This has intrigued, me a local company offer a service like this, may possibly do this, however I would need to do a lot of work to prepare the fascia so it works 100%.

Cheers for the useful link.

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom

Update:
Recently acquired a 3rd subwoofer for the car.. means a totaly of 2000Watts RMS bass in the car.. obtained it cheap enough, another pioneer (12") with a kenwood amp, all in for £90, absolute bargain, the amp alone + wiring costs nearly that.

Anyways, this calls for a re-design of the boot build. Hopefuly have a result come the new year, so 'watch this space'

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Danger

You'll get tinnitus  :P
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom

Danger

You'll get tinnitus  :P
I'm almost sure this topic has been covered before.... :whistler: :P lol

It's all for show :P and believe it or not the 3rd one means I have to keep the stereo down, its that bassy! :O
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 11:03:55 by syecadelic »

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom

So a bit of an update, been a while, over the weekend I set about getting a few bits tidied up, before the 'Show Season' starts.

I needed to fix my radio fascia, Originally it was off center, and needed stuck back in after it got caught one day, putting everything back in place, on the radio and came off. After getting it centered there was a small hole in the original cut out, so fibre glass and a drop of isopon got it up to my standards. Also smoothed the aftermarket one into the oem,

First time working with both of these and have to say was a great experience and everything turned out well. Fiberglass was great, and some smell off it!!
---
This is it before painting, going to do it the same as before, red center, black round the outside, though my go all black

---
Eventually got the new sub boxes carpeted, everything screwed into place, wires ran, and all put in place. May re-do one of the boxes as Im not satisfied with the carpeting, but had none left to redo it. Going to make a 1 piece for the top of the 3 boxes, to cover everything off from the top, and tidy all other wee bits up. Grills also to in place.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :Shocked:  :mrgreen:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
wow,doof doof doof doof.  :goodjob2: :goodjob:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal