i30 Owners Club

Tropic Red i30 Elite 1.6 CRDI GD - Finally picking it up 31/08/12 Yay!!

Wendee16 · 58 · 17127

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I pick up my elite on Tuesday, so I feel your excitement, mine too has heated seats. According to the dealership, it's only fitted in march-may built elite models, it's not advertised and costs no extra.  Yes the seats are cloth, not leather.

Happy driving tomorrow :)

Thanks for the info.

I'm getting a warm feelin' down below (on my bum) just thinking about it  :snigger:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I pick up my elite on Tuesday, so I feel your excitement, mine too has heated seats. According to the dealership, it's only fitted in march-may built elite models, it's not advertised and costs no extra.  Yes the seats are cloth, not leather.

Thanks for the info.

I'm getting a warm feelin' down below (on my bum) just thinking about it  :snigger:

:undecided: TMI.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline RossC

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
My Elite also has heated cloth seats, which the brochure and website both say otherwise  :goodjob2:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
After reading 32 posts I finally get around to welcoming you, Wendee16.  So welcome Wendee16

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Wendee16

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      SE Qld
My Elite also has heated cloth seats, which the brochure and website both say otherwise  :goodjob2:

Same!! I collected my Tropic Red beast today and they are definitely heated cloth seats.  And how awesome are they, we tested them tonight... They would be great to heat up my back when its a bit sore too!!  :happydance: :happydance:
  • i30 Elite 1.6 CRDI GD 5d Hatchback DTFI 1582

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Same!! I collected my Tropic Red beast today and they are definitely heated cloth seats.  And how awesome are they, we tested them tonight... They would be great to heat up my back when its a bit sore too!!  :happydance: :happydance:

:brilliant:

Offline Keith

• Top Gear

• england England
      Telford, Shropshire, England.

• Call sign Golf 4 Victor Zulu Kilo

"heated cloth seats.  And how awesome are they, we tested them tonight... "

PLENTY of latitude for someone like Rusty or Daz to make some sort of inuendo based comment!!
  • Now owning a Ford 1.0 Zetec S Fiesta

Offline Wendee16

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      SE Qld

Thanks for the info.

:happydance: Well I collected my car today and you will love the heated seats!!!! Totally awesome and quick to heat up to my surprise!!

Offline Wendee16

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      SE Qld

lol

"heated cloth seats.  And how awesome are they, we tested them tonight... "

PLENTY of latitude for someone like Rusty or Daz to make some sort of inuendo based comment!!

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Thanks for the info.

:happydance: Well I collected my car today and you will love the heated seats!!!! Totally awesome and quick to heat up to my surprise!!

I would have expected them to heat up all the way to your back.  :undecided:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

They even made you change colour  :snigger:  (You've hit double figures with your posts)  :winker:

Offline Wendee16

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      SE Qld

Hey RossC do you have to let the diesel turbo idle before turning it off? Does it need a timing chain? I've had a few people ask me about this, the car yard said nothing to me about treating it any different when turning of the engine than the petrol model.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hey Wendee,

If you drive normally (not driving like a racing driver) there is no need in my opinion to let the Diesel idle for any time before turning it off. (some still do it though)

If you live in the suburbs or CBD you will have only been revving the engine to probably 3000RPM maximum so the turbo shouldn't get too hot prior to reaching your destination.

If you were cruising on the highway for a long time at 110Kph and then pulled into a Fuel Stop I would maybe let it idle at the pumps for 20 or 30 seconds to cool the turbo a bit maybe.

To put it simply the theory is that the turbo gets hot and can end up with oil burnt on to the vanes which could effect longevity and performance..

We did 68,000 Kms in our first Diesel i30 with no problems and seldom saw the need for a cool down before turning the engine off.. :cool:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

By contrast, I've always done it and it's just a habit I got into to the point where if I'm driving a petrol engined car I find myself sitting there with the engine idling after I pull up.  :lol:
Personal preference, but either way, as Dazz says, I would still do it after a long run.
And don't forget to wait for the glowplug light on the dash to go out after turning the ignition on and before starting. It only takes a second.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Wendee16

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      SE Qld
By contrast, I've always done it and it's just a habit I got into to the point where if I'm driving a petrol engined car I find myself sitting there with the engine idling after I pull up.  :lol:
Personal preference, but either way, as Dazz says, I would still do it after a long run.
And don't forget to wait for the glowplug light on the dash to go out after turning the ignition on and before starting. It only takes a second.

Thank you, why don't the car dealers tell us that? Pitty.  Anyway I'll now look out for the glowplug light now.  So I gather I have to leave my foot off the clutch and push the start button of which will turn my dashboard lights etc on, then wait untill the glowplug goes out and then put my foot on the clutch and start the car.  Hope this makes sense.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thank you, why don't the car dealers tell us that? Pitty.  Anyway I'll now look out for the glowplug light now.  So I gather I have to leave my foot off the clutch and push the start button of which will turn my dashboard lights etc on, then wait untill the glowplug goes out and then put my foot on the clutch and start the car.  Hope this makes sense.

I was naughty, I seldom waited until the light went out either unless it was really cold  :rofl: (but again, never had a problem)

I have push button start in my Hybrid but neither Dave or I had it in our previous series i30 CRDi .. But what you say sounds about right  :undecided: (should be in your manual)

Offline alexeiw123

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Port Macquarie

glow plug warming is non-issue on our cars, as it's push button start, the computer does it all when you hit the button, the delay is so short that there must be something tricky going on in there, either super fast glow plugs, or the car pre-heats the diesel in anticipation of you pressing that button.

how are you liking your car? I'm loving mine, and am amazed at the high gears i can use to drag me around slow town streets.

I have a major gripe with it though, I noticed the tyres have pictures of flowers on the sidewall, and my masculinity has taken a real hit with that.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
What's a flower got to do with a tyre  :undecided:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

It is their way of indicating that they are a "green" eco tyre...

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

It is their way of indicating that they are a "green" eco tyre...

:-[ I was gonna ask the same question but worked it out. (as I should) :whistler:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Wendee16

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      SE Qld

glow plug warming is non-issue on our cars, as it's push button start, the computer does it all when you hit the button, the delay is so short that there must be something tricky going on in there, either super fast glow plugs, or the car pre-heats the diesel in anticipation of you pressing that button.

how are you liking your car? I'm loving mine, and am amazed at the high gears i can use to drag me around slow town streets.
Y
I have a major gripe with it though, I noticed the tyres have pictures of flowers on the sidewall, and my masculinity has taken a real hit with that.

lol, I don't mind the flowers on my tyres but I am a girl.  I'm loving the keyless entry the best of all things as I don't have to search through my handbag anymore for my keys.

On the down side I went for a drive just now 45 minute trip each way and the light from the dual split air con started to bug me it was very bright on the country roads, I could at least turn the light off on the Sat Nav screen. I'll have to check and see if I can dim the other light?

I also enjoy having the side mirrors fold in when my car is locked, before I was always checking and clicking my Mazda 6's remote to double check if I had locked the car doors or not. Now I just have to look at the car if the mirrors are folded in now I know its locked. It is a weird feeling when you walk up to the car and the mirrors automatically open up.

We will find other things the more we drive, so far the good has outweighed the bad.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:goodjob: Nice feedback Wendee  :D

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
:wss:

How can you say that, you aint even got one  :TutTut:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
welcome wendee.  :razz:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal