• au Australia
      Sydney

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Long time no pics. Today, I took some with my phone before the "real snow" started.. We have approx 40 cms of snow now..I love driving in these conditions though :rolleyes:

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain
Did you take those pics with a phone :eek:

Offline SRT Metro

• 6th Gear
  • i30CW 2.0 CRDi, 2009

• se Sweden
      Halmstad, Sweden

• Halmstad, Sweden's Riviera

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
no mag wheels Accim.? nice pics. :mrgreen:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Thanks for the comments  :-[

Hemmi: Yes, with a phone. Just bought it yesterday - and one of the first things I had to try was the quality of the pics..the phone is Nokia E75  :wink: And it was snowing a bit and I was afraid of camera getting wet..

SRT Metro: Thanks  :wink:

2i30s: mag wheels?  :-[ Does that mean alloys? If yes, than yap..I put them off for winter and put winter tires - mounted on stock wheels. I've also sold the alloys I had, I'm planing on buying others in spring..(after 15th March when we can mount our summer tires back again).

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
mag wheels/alloys,the same,yes. :razz:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Great Pictures Accim thanks (very pretty in the snow)  :eek: :D
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Hello! My car was all in salt  :arrow: (check: 1, 2 and dad's Santa Fe 1 and 2) because of the roads so I went to wash them today. On the way home I stopped and took some pics  :rolleyes:

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

Nice and sharp pics like always Accim :wink:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Great pics Accim :D :D :D

Good job on the cleaning also :D
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline SRT Metro

• 6th Gear
  • i30CW 2.0 CRDi, 2009

• se Sweden
      Halmstad, Sweden

• Halmstad, Sweden's Riviera
Great pics like always Accim!  :) :) :)
  • I30 CW 2.0 CRDi

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
All this praise and backslapping going on in this thread :rolleyes:

You'll never see me heaping such praise on what are actually some great pics of a fine i30.

Oh, hang on... :P
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Thank you all :) Damn, these 185/65/15 tires sure do look tiny  :mrgreen: But on the other hand, they are great in snow :rolleyes:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
I'm really sorry but I have to post more pics. The pics were taken after cleaning the snow. I almost got stuck on the last hill - on the way home. There was about 20 cm's of snow on the road and the last kilometer to our house was as usually a real pain in the ***. A lot of "climbing" and some sharp curves. That's how it is when you live in the village.. Nobody cleans the roads till morning. The front bumper was pushing the snow forward :)

I'm really glad I bought new winter tires this year. They aren't that good in dry/wet conditions, but are the best for snow..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
All good accim  :D
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
OK, so at first, I was wondering, whether I should buy only tires 195/65/15 or new rims and tires - 205/55/16. Few days ago, I've driven Kia Soul, that had 225/45/18 tires on, and at that point, I realized, that going 205/55/16 is the least I can do.. I would go with more, but due to crappy roads, it wouldn't be a great idea.

The alloys are Tomason TN3, 16×7.0 ET 50. So they are slightly wider and they maybe stick few mm's out more, than stock ones. The tires are Falken EZ-912 205/55/16V. Got great prices for both.

So, here are two pics for the beginning :) Maybe they don't look that nice when you look at the pic, but to me, when I look at the car (in person) they aren't that bad :)

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece
      Body lives in Athens, heart in Thessaloniki

• ...em ot keerG lla s'ti
205/55 16" is a good choice /upgrade.
And the alloys are really good...(*)
How much did you spend for the Tomasons?

(*)...to look great, you have to lower the suspension. Personally, i wouldn't sacrifice comfort for good looks :cool: 
  • 1.4 HB Classic '09 White

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Looking good accim :)

Now you need to update the pic in your sig :P
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline akyuznet

• 2nd Gear
I have the CW same color . 1.6 CRDI 115 hp..

I see that your parking sensors at the back are black. Are these originally black? My car's sensors are gray as car's color. And also i have added 4 parking sensors for the front. :)

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Huh, thanks for the replies. Yes, here it does look like it needs lowering, but otherwise it isn't that bad. I'll take few pics today of course  :mrgreen:

babis_xo: Yes, lowering would make it look great, but that isn't an option for me. I had my previous car lowered for few weeks and it was such pain in the *** :) I was so happy to put the stock ones back. Not because of comfort, but because I couldn't go to many places, where I normally go. Coming home was also difficult, because I scratched my chassis every time I went over two bumps. I'll take the pic later, so you'll see it doesn't look to high :)  :-[ Oh and the price.. I paid 65€ per wheel = approx 260€ for all 4 and extra 240 for tires.

Shambles: Yes, yes you are right. Believe it or not, I wanted to put these crappy photos already in my signature  :lol:  :eek:

akyuznet: Parking sensors were bought as "genuine" ones (from Hyundai accessories price list) and were also installed by my Hyundai dealer/service, but they only have/install the black ones - which aren't really "official Hyundai ones", but are treated like they are. Only few dealers in Slovenia have/install the ones that are the same color as the vehicle, mostly they are black - as mine. I could repaint them, but I'm afraid they would start messing with me then   :rolleyes: Hmm, yes I remember now, I got them for free. So I didn't even complain too much :)

Here are few pics, taken in daylight.. The pics aren't good, because the car is dirty anyway, so what's the point  :rolleyes: :mrgreen:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
could you tear off the exhaust in the snow if you lower her.?   :eek:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
could you tear off the exhaust in the snow if you lower her.?   :eek:

:mrgreen: Not in snow, although I get some snow in it, if I reverse before making a path for the car. But when you mention tearing off the exh..I got stuck in car wash with Accent when it was lowered :lol: That was funny and "scratchy" when reversing back.

It wouldn't be that much of a problem going 3 cm's down, but I feel sorry for the car if the chassis is getting hit all the time.. :D Though, a guy I know, that lives near me, has totally scratched his front bumper, but he doesn't even care :)

Now that you've commented my thread I remembered.. There are two i30's in "our family" (girlfriend) too now :D It's white, it's 1.4 petrol and it's the "normal" (non CW) version :) I'll try to take some pics today or tomorrow

Offline GURKHA17

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Darwin

• Darwin,NT, Australia
Nice pics there accim....love the snow, but I wouldn't know much about driving in snow... :)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
could you tear off the exhaust in the snow if you lower her.?   :eek:

:mrgreen: Not in snow, although I get some snow in it, if I reverse before making a path for the car. But when you mention tearing off the exh..I got stuck in car wash with Accent when it was lowered :lol: That was funny and "scratchy" when reversing back.

It wouldn't be that much of a problem going 3 cm's down, but I feel sorry for the car if the chassis is getting hit all the time.. :D Though, a guy I know, that lives near me, has totally scratched his front bumper, but he doesn't even care :)

Now that you've commented my thread I remembered.. There are two i30's in "our family" (girlfriend) too now :D It's white, it's 1.4 petrol and it's the "normal" (non CW) version :) I'll try to take some pics today or tomorrow
there is about ten of us now with 2i30s.  :cool: :mrgreen:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
I washed the car yesterday..so...  :rolleyes:  :) And yes, there's a plane behind

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal