i30 Owners Club

First 4 week check.

John B · 7 · 2439

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Took my i30 for its first check over having covered an incredible  580 Ks ( not good ) I am definitely going to have to have the 6 month interim services unless I do a lot more Ks. I was at the service centre for 2.5 hrs and the reason for that is because they did an update on the GPS, it was so sloooow to download. Everything else was fine as it should be ,I declined the car wash as that would have been another half hour. Got the red carpet treatment the same as when we took the daughters car in a while ago. I was quoted $195 for interim services. Its great having the viewing window and seeing the work carried out on your car while lounging around drinking the coffee and scoffing cakes (  can you tell I don't get out much  :snigger: ) I know I have not been far with the car but I am wrapped with it. While I was at the dealer I queried not being able to have the radio on for more than 20min and they confirmed because of the electronics even on the first push of the start button ( auxiliary ) it did not pay to leave it on past the warning low battery, the one case of more is not better, used to leave a radio on in my cars way back before they got really technical for hours with no problem. Oh well good job I have my I pod with the ear buds. Now to see if there is any improvement with the GPS after the update , if not my next report may well be from the Simpson Desert. :rofl:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
  @ Shambles, Could have sworn I put this in petrol forum to start with if not my apologies . :confused:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Don't worry about it :lol:

It's in the right place now ;)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Don't worry about it :lol:

It's in the right place now ;)

No not worried about it but it looks like its been moved from petrol to petrol now is that from unleaded 91 to unleaded 95 premium. :rofl:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: John B
No not worried about it but it looks like its been moved from petrol to petrol ...

Yeah - from "petrol problems" to "petrol servicing" - I can see why that might confuse some folks :happydance:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Quote from: John B
No not worried about it but it looks like its been moved from petrol to petrol ...

Yeah - from "petrol problems" to "petrol servicing" - I can see why that might confuse some folks :happydance:

Gotcha now I know I will behave myself, don't want to end up in HOS again :rofl: ( now wheres my glasses ) :snigger:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal