Electronic Stability Programme - turns itself off whilst driving

Rof · 36 · 56690

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

5 months later.. The problem has NOT returned...  :happydance:.

That's great  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Twempie

• 2nd Gear
Just to let people know that I had the same 'ESP warning light coming on while driving' issue.  The advice given by previous posters was spot on.  I checked my tyre pressures and noticed that a couple of them were overinflated (I had put air in at the weekend but had obviously not read the gauge properly).  Since resetting the pressure to 32 PSI the problem has gone away.
Cheers

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Just to let people know that I had the same 'ESP warning light coming on while driving' issue.  The advice given by previous posters was spot on.  I checked my tyre pressures and noticed that a couple of them were overinflated (I had put air in at the weekend but had obviously not read the gauge properly).  Since resetting the pressure to 32 PSI the problem has gone away.
Cheers

Many members run higher pressures than 32, I use 36 with no ESP problems. The main thing is to have ALL the tyres at the same pressure.  :neutral:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Twempie

• 2nd Gear
Thanks for the advice.  What you are saying makes sense as I only had to adjust pressures on two of the tyres to make them all the same.
Cheers

Offline auke

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
I am having the same issue.
"ESP OFF" light stays on and now also the Cruise control does not seem to engage even with the "Cruise Control On" illuminated.
Checked the Tyre pressure which in all OK.
Going back to the dealer to see what they will do for me.
I'll keep you posted!

I30 Diesel  2009 41000km
  • I30 CRDI SX

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
On my new blue drive i30 the recommended tyre pressures are 32 psi (2.2 bar) for standard tyres and 36 psi (2.5 bar) for the blue drive car fitted with eco tyres.

Although I had the dealer change the tyres for standard Continentals before delivery - I still use 36 psi (2.5 bar)
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal