i30 Owners Club

Police officer Gareth Hopley found not guilty of dangerous driving charges

Guest · 44 · 10928

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
That's the trouble with people such as Dave, he's automatically assumed I think they should... There ARE other options to pursuits, google them and you'll see....here's one: :link:

:kissmyass:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Hmm, fancy that.... :)

In Tasmania, Australia, police chases of this sort are banned. Police in Tasmania say the ban has not stopped them catching criminals.

Assistant Commissioner Donna Adams of the Tasmanian Police, told Metro magazine that the police, who initially opposed the ban on car chases, now strongly supported it.

Ms Adams said that while police could still pursue vehicles for serious crimes in progress, such as robbery or murder,  “They’re very few and far between.”

Ms Adams added that the ban has not impacted on the enforcement of laws. People aren't drink-driving or nicking vehicles with impunity, she says, because they're still getting caught.

:link:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Probably because our cops aren't very good drivers Rusty  :P :snigger: :snigger:

Police car front torn off | The Examiner
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Hmm, fancy that.... :)

In Tasmania, Australia, police chases of this sort are banned. Police in Tasmania say the ban has not stopped them catching criminals.

Assistant Commissioner Donna Adams of the Tasmanian Police, told Metro magazine that the police, who initially opposed the ban on car chases, now strongly supported it.

Ms Adams said that while police could still pursue vehicles for serious crimes in progress, such as robbery or murder,  “They’re very few and far between.”

Ms Adams added that the ban has not impacted on the enforcement of laws. People aren't drink-driving or nicking vehicles with impunity, she says, because they're still getting caught.

:link:
But of course he would say that. As AC he's going to toe the political line of the time or he won't be AC for long.

PS. Not passing asn opinion on his statement here. Just pointing out that the things people say are rarely completely independent thoughts.
There's always an agenda behind them.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
You can't escape the long arm of the law, ask, Ronny Biggs, oh I forgot, the late Ronny Biggs tr

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

We were on an ocean liner in March 1970 and my father got "arrested" and taken from the ship in Melbourne because they thought he was Ronnie Biggs travelling under a false name.
They soon realized he wasn't, of course, and returned him to the ship and we sailed from there to South America and on to England.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
We were on an ocean liner in March 1970 and my father got "arrested" and taken from the ship in Melbourne because they thought he was Ronnie Biggs travelling under a false name.
They soon realized he wasn't, of course, and returned him to the ship and we sailed from there to South America and on to England.

So that's how you purchase all those cars.  :whistler:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal