i30 Owners Club

Servicing required on recently bought FD

Offline MetalDan

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I've just bought a 2011 FD wagon with 70 000km on the clock, it was bought from a large dealership who completed the 70 000km service before selling it to me so not due for another service until 80 000km.

As I plan to keep the car for a long time it would be a nice peace of mind to know the car is purring like a baby (also I do not trust what a dealership has told me and whether it was actually serviced or not at 70 000km..). I was thinking about taking it to another mechanic and getting an oil change and also changing the fuel/oil filters. Is there anything else I should gett looked at or changed at the same time?

Also I've read in the past it can be good to do an ECU reset on a second hand car, so the car can learn your personal driving style rather than the previous owners. Is this required on the i30s? Maybe the ECU reset is more for CVT gearboxes than the actual engines though..

Cheers for any help
  • 2011 i30cw diesel 6 speed manual, 31/12/2015 - present

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Check your maintenance schedule in your log book, MetalDan.  I'm pretty sure that the FD's schedule is 15,000km services, so your's should have been done at 15k, 30k, 45k, 60k and 75k.  I'd make sure that they had been carried out, and if not, make sure that what they should have covered has been covered (or will be done by your mechanic).

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
If it is driving well and behaving itself, I wouldn't bother with a reset. Checkmate oil which will still be dirty but if fairly translucent it has probably been changed. Dud they stamp the book? If they did stamp the book then it would almost be considered fraud if they didn't really do it. I think another service might be overkill. If all levels are spot on and she's running well I'd wait until at least 75k
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Check not checkmate, bloody predictive text and did not dud.

Offline MetalDan

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Good suggestions Dazzler, I'll check any levels I can now and if I'm happy with them wait for the 80 000km service to come up.

Cheers
  • 2011 i30cw diesel 6 speed manual, 31/12/2015 - present

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Good suggestions Dazzler, I'll check any levels I can now and if I'm happy with them wait for the 80 000km service to come up.

Cheers

Just check your servicing schedule.  The next service should be at 75,000km, not 80,000km from memory.

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
If your in Australia as your profile says, an 80000km service is non existent as is the 70000km the dealer did.

I highly recommend you carry out the 75000km service at the correct km's and carry on with the 15000km specified intervals and optional 7500km intermediate services if desired.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Check not checkmate, bloody predictive text and did not dud.

I thought you'd turned all Kiwi on us, Duzz.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:lol: :crazy2:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal