i30 Owners Club

2019 i30 door lock

Offline Myowni30

• 5th Gear

• Midlands, UK
Hi all,

My car has a smart key, but when I use the unlock button it unlocks all of the doors, not just the drivers door. Nothing in the menus to change this, I thought you pressed once for drivers door and a second time for all doors  :crazy2:

Any ideas how to change this, or does the dealer need to change it.

How was your 2018/19 car setup when you had it.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
My 2017 SR unlocks all doors with one push. Think it was like that from delivery.  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline rein

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Sydney
Hey there,

My car door button unlocks all doors when pressed. 2019 N-Line.

However, the button only works on the side you are on if you are concerned about security. (If you didn't know yet)  :)
  • i30 N-Line MT 2019

Offline Myowni30

• 5th Gear

• Midlands, UK
My car is also a 2019 i30 N Line.

Have spoken to my local dealer and they confirm that is how its setup for the UK, but for a small charge it can be changed so that one press drivers door only, two presses all doors.

Thanks for your replies  :)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Have spoken to my local dealer and they confirm that is how its setup for the UK, but for a small charge it can be changed so that one press drivers door only, two presses all doors.

That sounds like something the dealer should have set up at handover, I'd spit it if they expected me to pay for something that takes a couple of minutes to change while their system is connected during the next service.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

That sounds like something the dealer should have set up at handover, I'd spit it if they expected me to pay for something that takes a couple of minutes to change while their system is connected during the next service.

:whsaid:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal