i30 Owners Club

My New Toy! 2013 Opel Insignia OPC

Zoom · 24 · 9985

Offline Zoom

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Dandenong, Melbourne
Got my new toy delivered to my doorstep, appropriately on Christmas eve!

Here's some specs:

2013 Insignia OPC: 240kw V6 Turbo . 4WD . Recaro Seats . Brembo Brakes . 20in Rims . 255/35 Pirelli Pzero Rubber . Adaptive suspension . Adaptive Bi Xenon Headlamps . Leather Trim . Driver Memory . Adaptive Flexdrive Chassis . 0-100kph in 6.0 sec . Top Speed 270kph.

ZOOM!

• 2012 I30 Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Very Nice!  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I like everything but the Wheels  :undecided:

Did you trade the Premium??

I thought Opel pulled out of Australia?

What is something like that worth?

So many questions, so little time!  :snigger:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Interesting to see how happy you are after settling into it. Keep us posted. Looks nice, just don't scratch it, that colour is hard to match up, happened to my Dad's Toyota Celica in similar colour. The boss's wife backed into it day 2 of ownership.  :fum:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I had a look at a review! Around 60k! They caned it a bit in the caradvice review then finished off with words of praise.. :confused:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
That's called balanced reporting.  :eek:

Expensive  :Shocked:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Here's the link to the review I read.. the wheels are growing on me too! Similar but nicer than the awful wheels on the Subaru xv

http://www.caradvice.com.au/213369/opel-insignia-opc-review/

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Interesting read, I don't have to wrestle with any decisions, I haven't got a spare $60k.  :)

Offline Zoom

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Dandenong, Melbourne
Very Nice!  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I like everything but the Wheels  :undecided:

Still got the I30 Prem Daz! (and still love it!)
The wheels have got a lot of positive and respectful comments actually, everyone loves them (but you :P)

The OPC started out at $70k Euro price.  On the run out (Opel close down sales) $50k and less.  I figure that a 70k car for 50k is a good deal.  The re sale may not be good, but the discount makes up for it :Pout: GM has to support the car for its life time.  All is good! :happydance:

I nearly bought this one, but the salesman treated me like crap......
2013 Opel Insignia IN OPC Sports Automatic Adaptive 4x4
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 10:51:34 by Zoom »
  • 2012 I30 Premium

Offline Eureka

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Should be nice.  I drove past the Holden dealership on Springvale Rd today, near Ferntree Gully Rd, and I thin kI saw a new Opel there.  I guess they might need to be discounting them a bit (or a lot).
  • SX crdi manual 2007

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
GM has to support the car for its life time.  All is good! :happydance:

So how does this work?

I looked at a similar deal with gm a few years ago and although it said lifetime it did actually have an end date.  Think 10 years.

Also, t&c's made service and repairs very restrictive so tied to dealer network to ensure you did not contrivene t&c's.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Looking good Zoom. congrats.  :goodjob2:

Like the colour and with those spec's it should be a fun toy....  :mrgreen:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Love the Car,Unlike Dazz I don't mind the wheels,But I still have a thing about Opel's,from back years ago when they first started putting the four cylinder motors in the Torana's and Gemini's  :lol:,Yes I know Technology has come a long way since then,but for us Oldies the stigma still stick's.

Back then the Opel motor was one of the worse you could come across,but reading all the reports these days they are some of the best,anyhow, very nice car,enjoy  :goodjob2: :goodjob:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Gee, maybe we are related! I have been known to buy something because of a big discount :rofl:

Like I said, the wheels are growing on me. I think it was just the similarity with the Subaru wheels we don't like that put me off in the first place. Reckon you got the pick of the colours, looks much flasher than the white or grey one in the review!

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
GM has to support the car for its life time.  All is good! :happydance:

So how does this work?

I looked at a similar deal with gm a few years ago and although it said lifetime it did actually have an end date.  Think 10 years.

Also, t&c's made service and repairs very restrictive so tied to dealer network to ensure you did not contrivene t&c's.

That's what i was told eye, lifetime is lifetime of the car , not your lifetime.

nice Car Zoom, the wheels look like what one of the new Subaru models use.
they look good, the inside looks great, i always like recaro seats!
do they come with manual trans as well?
German engineering,

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Or GM's  :snigger:

Offline Alasama

• 5th Gear

• tw Taiwan
      Taoyuan County

Offline Zoom

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Dandenong, Melbourne
Gee, maybe we are related! I have been known to buy something because of a big discount :rofl:

Like I said, the wheels are growing on me. I think it was just the similarity with the Subaru wheels we don't like that put me off in the first place. Reckon you got the pick of the colours, looks much flasher than the white or grey one in the review!

Yes that Daz, and my personality is that of clandestine.  In PC Shooter games i'm the one hiding up the back picking you off with a long range scoped rifle.  With cars I'm the one driving the obscure and rare car, that just blew you away...and you still dont know what it was, or who did it....:P ;)

If you were to compare it with BMW, Benz, Audi, its right up there with the high performer range, performance wise, which is nice.

Anyway, it is loads of fun to drive, when you select the "OPC" (Opel Performance Centre) sports mode, the chassis goes stiff as a plank, and every thing tightens up and gets very responsive.  It loves the Dandenong Ranges, yet to take it up the Black Spur, but that will come.  Its actually more fun than my Suzuki GSXR1000 TBH!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 06:39:43 by Zoom »
  • 2012 I30 Premium

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Now there is either a glowing endorsement or a very very bold statement to say it's more fun than a GSXR
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Zoom

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Dandenong, Melbourne
Now there is either a glowing endorsement or a very very bold statement to say it's more fun than a GSXR

On my current fun level, the OPC wins! It may not last for ever...:P
  • 2012 I30 Premium

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Is Paul Andrews still Dragging his GSXR in Victoria,he used to do very well on it in the day

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Zoom, I've never ridden a GSXR personally so i could not say, but i prefer riding a MC to driving a car ( unless it's raining  :lol: )
like when you get to built up traffic, in the car your stuck.
also i've never understood the 0 to 100kph, time as a comparison, as i've never came across a 100% accurate way to test that. like at the drag strip, they time your reaction, when the lights go off to go, i've seen people take over half a second to react to the green light. they don't have the 100kph in the time ticket. they show how long you took to cover the first 60 foot , the 330foot then660 foot, then 1000 foot then 1/4mile. they also show half track speed full quarter trap speed.
i have raced against a lot of GSXR 1000 & Haybusha's. depends on how good the rider is as to how quick they go. the first 60 foot the most important, that's the difference between a good rider and a novice, also the speed they can shift gear at as the quicker you shift the less momentum you loose between shift's. a good rider on a stock GSXR1000 could do the first 60 foot in about 1.65 seconds a novice would do the first 60foot in 2.2 second. i've seen guy's do standing quarter on a stock GSXR1000 they road to track on in 9.8 seconds they take 4.5 seconds to get to 170 to 180kph half track (conservative) 9.8 230kph quarter mile. but thats with an experienced rider, still stock bike.
but you can't ride like that on our roads. so i could not say what they feel like on the road, they need lots of rev's. i like a light bike with a lot of Torque at low rev's for on the street. but that's just me. everyone likes different thing's.
Rick lot of good bike racers in Victoria !

Offline Zoom

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Dandenong, Melbourne

Hi Lakes, I dont like the 0-100kph thing either, because the OPC after 100kph just does so much better.  I would be more interested in the 100-200kph area TBH.

I dont like riding the Haybusha, the wheel base is too long, and it does not do the corners anywhere near the GSXR1000 IMO.

Zoom!
  • 2012 I30 Premium

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Zoom , i agree i like the GSXR1000 better than the Busha. i could imagine more fun too, i like those KTM Dukes would like to ride one but never have.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal