i30 Owners Club

Ordered my new i30 yesterday!

Offline aussiejess84

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Frankston

• Moonlight Blue SLX CRDi
Hey I'm Jess, from Melbourne, Australia, I ordered my i30 yesterday, but won't be getting it till the 10th December! Oh well! It's the SLX CRDi in Moonlight Blue. That colour went from my least favourite to favourite colour as soon as I saw it in the show room. Looks so much better in person! Anyway yeh I'm real excited about getting it, it's my first new car.

Offline camerooney

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      South Coast NSW

• NSW Australia
G'day Jess!

Welcome to the club!

December 10th is a fast delivery time compared to the wait some of us had to endure (or still are) enduring.
But believe me, its worth every minute of the wait
:lol:

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain
Hi Jess and welcome, waiting 1 month is nothing  ;)

Offline GURKHA17

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Darwin

• Darwin,NT, Australia

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome aussiejess84

ps please put in yuor location in your profile as it helps when discussing etc
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hi Jess, welcome to the club  :D

The 6 weeks will fly by, trust me, I'm a doctor.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Hi Jess and welcome

Never trust Dr Shambles PhD, he has some dodgy advice :lol:

Brian
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Jess,

Welcome to the club... I can tell you are a lovely girl just by the choice of model and colour...

Cheers,
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline aussiejess84

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Frankston

Haha, thanks everyone. Yeh I know it's not that long to wait.....but still! My friend got a Tucson recently and she got it 2 days after looking at it, cos they had one with everything she wanted at the dealership. When I ordered mine, they had a black one the same as what I wanted, but nah I thought getting a colour I wanted was worth the wait! I'm sure the time will go by very quickly and before I know it I'll be driving it!

Offline teamgeorge

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria

• i30 CRDi sx Steel Grey 28/11/08
Welcome tot he club!

I put my i30 on order on 15/10 and i'm expecting it to me around the 20th-24th of this month...

some of these members waited 6 months!  :mrgreen: (Well maybe not better than the Moonlight blue  :roll: )

Offline aussiejess84

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Frankston

Definitely not better than the moonlight blue, that colour rocks!!!!!!! Haha

Offline rustbucket

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Hi Jess and welcome.

I am sure you will count any wait as worthwhile. We waited 3 months 14 days and we love ours. Just come back from a 1060 k run down onto the New England Tableland and the i30 did not disappoint in anyway. We rated it 12 out of 10. I am sure you will too.

Rustbucket

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Hi Jess, hope the time flys.
i've seen a few moonlight blue i30's around and indeed it looks good. i got a silver, but would have also taken a white as i thought those two colours would stay cool when parked.Who know? mine gets hot inside when parked :lol:
cheers

Offline garry

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth WA
Hi evryone my name is garry and have just taken delivery of my white crdi slx.Both the wife and I are enjoying the car very very much.But a word of caution to you Aussiejess we ordered our car early april 08  were then told delerivery would be mid June.When no car turned up I rang the Dealer to be told Sorry it will now be on the next boat due in mid August. Guss what boat came and went still no word from the dealer so again I rang ,to be told sorry now on next boat due in Mid October.I recevied the car first week in November thats 7 months from ordering. Aussiejess just be perpared to have delivery date put again and again , the service from this Perth dearlership was below stardard i think.To have to ring the dearler every time the delivery date came and went was really bad.Maybe our car did came earlier and they gave it to someone who whinged louder, we will never know

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Quote from: "garry"
Hi evryone my name is garry and have just taken delivery of my white crdi slx.Both the wife and I are enjoying the car very very much.But a word of caution to you Aussiejess we ordered our car early april 08  were then told delerivery would be mid June.When no car turned up I rang the Dealer to be told Sorry it will now be on the next boat due in mid August. Guss what boat came and went still no word from the dealer so again I rang ,to be told sorry now on next boat due in Mid October.I recevied the car first week in November thats 7 months from ordering. Aussiejess just be perpared to have delivery date put again and again , the service from this Perth dearlership was below stardard i think.To have to ring the dearler every time the delivery date came and went was really bad.Maybe our car did came earlier and they gave it to someone who whinged louder, we will never know

HI Garry welcome to the Club.. Glad you and the wife are enjoying the car (we wouldn't expect anything less)  :lol:

Your delays were probably caused by a big strike at the Korean factory... fortunately the strike is now over and stocks are flowing more freely (so hopefully for aussiejess and others the dealers wont have to make up constant excuses)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Tylenol

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• Sydney - i30 CRDi SLX Vivid Blue :)
I had the exact same problems as Gary did. Ordered mine in April, took delivery last week.

Really hope they get you your vehicle within the month! Trust me, a month wait isn't long, I had seven of them!

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Welcome to the club Garry ;)
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal