i30 Owners Club

Consumables for diesel service. What and where to get?

Offline constipated

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
My car is now out of warranty. Have a reputable mechanic I'm planning on taking the car to.

I thought I might be able to keep costs down by providing some of the consumables. Otherwise the mechanic will get them from the Hyundai dealership next door I think.

The next service is 90,000km which I think includes fuel filter change.

I have used Castrol Edge 5W-30 full synthetic oil in the past which I still have a spare bottle of.

I was wondering what other consumables to get eg fuel filter, oil filter, air filter etc.

Where would a reputable place to get the genuine Hyundai parts? Online shop, Ebay shop? Can anyone recommend somewhere they have used which is reputable.

Thanks

• MY11 - SLX CRDi 6 speed manual

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Ebay is fine to use to get your parts, this link has what you're after :link: Oil Fuel Air Filter Service Kit for HYUNDAI I30 1.6L CRDI 2008 03/08- | eBay

Some of the other members might know of some better prices  :undecided: though they seemed reasonable to me.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
G'day mate,

I have used original from Ebay cheapest I could see is $85.60 :link: GENUINE HYUNDAI i30 FD 1.6L DIESEL AIR OIL FUEL FILTER PACK (TAX INVOICE - GST) | eBay and filters from Sydney Filter Service $60 plus delivery :link: HYUNDAI i30 TURBO DIESEL 1.6L 03/08-04/12 FILTER KIT - Sydney Filters with success.

I usually favour original filters, just for the reason there is one less argument with warranty. There was a time where original filters were scarce and I used the SFS filters without issue.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal