Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Interesting links...

Errr... first impressions I guess...  :faint:

The new i30 is pretty, very pretty, but it's not a car for anyone with the slightest interest in driving. Your gran would love it, your mum would love it...
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Seems he doesn't know that you don't always need huge power to have fun driving.... :rolleyes:

I assume this is him?
http://www.podisode.com/about-us/a-podisode-whos-who/alex-goy

Alex is the anchorman of the Gas Station Podisode and, consistently, the most controversial mouth.  Ever since spying a yellow Lotus Elise on the cover of a passing motoring magazine, Alex has strived to become a successful motoring journalist. And own a Lotus Elise.

Like most starters, Alex got his foot in the door by perfecting the art of the brew at numerous national titles including Auto Express, the Sunday Times, What Car? and Autocar. He’s now a freelancer, regularly contributing to MSN Cars, Pistonheads and writes a column in Car Dealer Magazine.

Sporting his 'Buddy Holly' glasses whenever he can and dressing as eccentrically as possible, Alex can usually be found driving his Lotus Elise in south London and complaining about pretty much anything. He’s also a keen harpist.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Yes, interesting links. But although I haven't yet driven the new i30, I don't agree with him.
I have the old model and even at 120,000 kms, I still look for excuses to drive it because I think it's fun to drive.
Not in the same way that a high horse-power rear wheel drive V8 is fun, but still fun.
And I thought this was a strange quote"
"Then the Korean firm slowly, but surely began sliding their finger out of their bottoms and started making good looking, good to drive, almost desirable cars."
  • Tertius the i30

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
I suppose the reference to him being a keen harpist refers to the fact that he drinks an excessive amount of Harp Lager which accounts for his skewed opinions
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal