i30 Owners Club

Badge Bra

Eureka · 9 · 3216

Offline Eureka

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
After 5 summers and with number 6 here now, I have finally made a cover for the badge on the steering wheel, which glints in the sun, even with the visor down.  A piece of old black towell, tied on at each side with some dark fabric straps that I recently saved from a department store's paper carry bag; the straps were useful after all.  Velcro on each side would be neater, but I'll see how it goes.

• SX crdi manual 2007

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Now that's a new one, never heard anyone complaining of that before....  :lol:

Offline Eureka

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
I've been complaining about it for almost six years ...... but I was just wondering about times past when lots of steering wheels had chrome decorative rings that doubled up as the horn 'button'.  The windscreens on today's cars come back a lot further than they ever used to so maybe those old chrome rings didn't catch the sun so much.   ???
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 01:41:42 by Eureka »
  • SX crdi manual 2007

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I must admit its never worried me.
But some are designers do have epic fails from time to time.
The door pull/ arm rest on the Hyundai Accent has polished metal surrounding the embedded window and door switches which reflects right back into the driver's eyes at times.

But my big bugbear has, for years, been the reflectiveness on the windscreen of the sky from the top of the dash.
Not much part from a dash mat you can do about it. Steeply raked windscreens create a need for the dash to include a long, fairly horizontal, top surface so it's a problem on pretty much all modern cars.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
worse reflection I have ever noticed is if I'm stoopid enough to put a white piece of paper on the dash on a bright day,reflects straight back into your eyes,not noticed the steering wheel badge reflection,probably will now you have said something about it
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
That's funny, I noticed the glint from the badge earlier this week for the first time in four years. :eek:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I'm Guessing Eureka is taller or shorter than average or maybe has long arms and sits back a fair way but not up that high ..

I have seen it with Trish and I, there is about a 10" difference in height and she gets different reflection issues than I do... :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline ausi30

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
Had a problem with that in a mazda I owned. It is amazing what a black nikko pen can accomplish. Didn't even look too bad...

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal