Viewed i20 today

eye30 · 5 · 1890

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Whilst at my local dealers I viewed the i20.

Here are my thoughts... for what they are worth.

First off I noticed it was bigger than the Getz it is replacing.  I'd say Getz plus 25% and i30 minus 10% - about the size of the accent I had previously.

I liked the shape and believe it or not the interior is quite spacey and well laid out.

I didn't like the feel in the seats. Felt very hards, even on the top model, but plenty of leg space in front and back.

Boot plentiful. I'd say space about 0.75% of the i30's boot space and 200% bigger than the i10.  Just the right size for those trips to the supermarket and would hold 4/5 medium size luggage case.

Price. Well ......  in the UK they are discounting the i30 at present and you can get a 1.4 petrol and the 1.4 SE i30 cheaper than the 1.4 petrol i20.

Although they do a 1.2 petrol in the range I think that engine would be under power for the car with 3+ passengers/luggage, although with 1 or 2 passengers it might be OK for short trips.

They mentioned that there is a diesel due and at 90ps (i30 115ps) I think that engine may be popular.

It doesn't have ESP but you can add it as an extra for £250.  If I was asked I'd say add it on for that extra safe handling.

Overall, its seems to be a car to fill the gap between the small size car market and the larger family size car.

I might be tempted in a few years when my i30 is due a change.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Thanks for that eye30... a superb review. Nice one :)

Sounds like a possible winner in the sub-C class
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline sparki30

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Kent

• Kent England. 1.6CRDI Premium
ESP will be standard from April onwards to comply with new NCAP rules, and a price increase to take account of the ESP.

Offline I30Racer

• 2nd Gear

• lu Luxembourg
      Luxembourg
Price. Well ......  in the UK they are discounting the i30 at present and you can get a 1.4 petrol and the 1.4 SE i30 cheaper than the 1.4 petrol i20.

Although they do a 1.2 petrol in the range I think that engine would be under power for the car with 3+ passengers/luggage, although with 1 or 2 passengers it might be OK for short trips.

They mentioned that there is a diesel due and at 90ps (i30 115ps) I think that engine may be popular.

note that they planted also the  1.6 CRDI Engine of the I30 but with 128 PS !To sale here in Luxembourg. :wink:

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
From what I have read and heard, The i20 is coming to Aussie shores shortly in a 1.6L petrol and a 1.4L turbo diesel. I believe it is going to replace the Accent.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal