i30 Owners Club

Clutch Problem ?

Offline Christechgr

• 2nd Gear

• de Germany
      Stuttgart

• I30 2014 5d hatch benzin 1.4 Manual Red "Classic"
Good evening, I had a problem with the Clutch-Disc and I changed it to the warranty (20.000km pffffff Hyundai) . Since yesterday that I got it from the garage, I notice that when I leave the clutch until the middle , the car trembling. Not always but sometimes yes...Only on 1st gear...The clutch-disc is brand new since yesterday...
Whats going on ?:( Is not trembling all the time, some times i try to tremble it but it does not...But sometimes do it alone and My nerves are going to crack in a while cause of Hyundai...
  • Huyndai i30 2014 Classic

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Who installed the clutch and was the new clutch a genuine Hyundai part. Did you install a full clutch kit.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Question I would be asking is DID THEY also replace the pressure plate,sometimes to save money some places will only replace a worn part,second question would be WHY has the clutch plate failed after so few kilometres(was it found to be your driving style or a faulty unit)few things can cause vibration in the clutch,not everything torqued correctly,clutch could just be bedding itself in
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Christechgr

• 2nd Gear

• de Germany
      Stuttgart

• I30 2014 5d hatch benzin 1.4 Manual Red "Classic"
Original Part from Hyundai . I think they changed only the Clutch disc. Maybe because is new ? and has to do some km until it comes right? is this possible?  The clutch didn't failed but when i was with reserve i could hear a metal sound..this is why replaced...
  • Huyndai i30 2014 Classic

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
? and has to do some km until it comes right? is this possible?  ..
Yes as I said the clutch could be just bedding itself in
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Online eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
I have had tremble/judder when first used after a damp overnight.

Are damp conditions possible?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Johnno

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bolton, Lancashire
I've done a very crude drawing so some of you can understand better ONE of the causes of clutch judder but also as some of you have mentioned maybe the clutch just wants bedding in

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i411/tfc475/Untitled.png

• 2013 5D 1.6 CRDi Style Nav auto white

Offline crayman

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Gympie
When Mr's clutch dies, there's no way I'll let Hyundai do the job. I complained about the clutch way back at around 15,000k and they said it was normal, clearly they don't know what a good clutch feels like.
Not covered under warranty anyway, and whenever a worn out clutch is replaced you don't simply replace the driven plate.
Here in Aus clutch kits come with new driven plate, pressure plate and throw out bearing.
Flywheel is removed and re-surfaced, spigot bearing checked and lightly greased.
All friction surfaces degreased and scrupulously clean re-assembly.
Then you'll have a chance of a decent clutch, not some jumpy thing as the result of a half done job.   
  • i-30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
I have had tremble/judder after a damp overnight.

Fixed  :mrgreen:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal