• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

Total £224.07 equating to AU$453

It was also a 25000 mile service, not as shown above

Shambles,
Just booked my 2nd service for mid September.

This is now a 25,000 mile service as quoted by you and not 20,000 as quoted in my service book (confusing as always).

As it is a £££££,  I asked what they do for the ££££.

From what they said it is all the items listed on your invoice plus the fuel filter is changed.

As we have the same engine, 1.6 crdi, I was wondering whether this has been missed at your service?

ps I said to the Service Manager - REMEMBER C3 - to which he replied - #~!@*^&%$*& -(Got to keep it clean)
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
ps I said to the Service Manager - REMEMBER C3 - to which he replied - #~!@*^&%$*& -(Got to keep it clean)
Because he disagreed or because he thought he didn't need the reminder?

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Because he disagreed or because he thought he didn't need the reminder?

Because of the cost per litre for the engine oil when compared to the "normal" engine oil.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club

From what they said it is all the items listed on your invoice plus the fuel filter is changed.

As we have the same engine, 1.6 crdi, I was wondering whether this has been missed at your service?

https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,3549.msg35463.html#msg35463

Not due for 3 years or 37500 miles
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,3549.msg35463.html#msg35463

Not due for 3 years or 37500 miles

Interesting!

I wasn't given a copy of the sheet you have.  I'll ask them for a copy at the service.

I think I will will put a "secret" mark on the filter and check when I get the car back to see if they do actually change it.

ps I mentioned about the fuel filter light flickering. As they have to remove the fuel filter to empty any water in it, I'm now wondering, after seeing the service schedule, if they are taking the opportunity to fit a new filter now rather than refitting the current filter.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
TBH eye, I'd have the filter changed regardless of the schedule, given the problems you've experienced recently.

As for putting a secret mark on it... now you're starting to think like me ;)

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
TBH eye, I'd have the filter changed regardless of the schedule, given the problems you've experienced recently.

As for putting a secret mark on it... now you're starting to think like me ;)

Yep in the words of Blackadder, that is a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a fox! :D
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

testuser
Yep in the words of Blackadder, that is a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a fox! :D

I couldn't have put that better myself :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Slightly off topic (who me...)

The local dealer occasionally emails out a special service offer with this includes Oil and Filter change plus...

a whole lot of checks... (most of which you could do yourself .. )

I reckon a lot of it is "money for jam"  :rolleyes: :mad:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

I couldn't have put that better myself :D

Classic Mr Blackadder... Have you got enough money in your piggy bank to buy an i30 yet..?
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Now the replacement interval re fuel filter is getting interesting (Well. It is for me!).

In the handbook, for the Danish market, on page 7/16 it says that the fuel filter is replaced every 30,000kms or 20,000 miles i.e. 2nd service.
Note with it says: If the diesel fuel specifications don't meet the European standards EN590, replace it more frequently

https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,32.0.html

So ?????

Offline Funky

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
ps don't forget to ask grade of oil - remember C3.

remember C3

When I picked Fergie up tonight the young fella insisted on going through each item with me. He started at the "tyre tread" report but I'd started looking from the bottom, where I noticed

10/40w S/SYNTH

I told him they'd used the wrong oil, and showed him my previous invoice from last year.

Oops!

He checked on the system and confirmed they'd cocked up. They took the car back in and changed it all over, including a new filter, then reprinted my invoice.

See service cost in next post.

Not Correct..

If you have a Euro iV Diesel engine fitted (U1 engine).. Then it is NOT fitted with a CPF and therefore Oil that meets ACEA B4 is the Fine. This engine is fitted with a CAT.

If You have a Euro V engine fitted (U2 engine) and is fitted with a CPF and therefore oil that is ACEA C3 must be used.

So if "Fergie" is a U1 Euro iV then the 10/40 ACEA B4 oil that was originally used was fine. Obviously using C3 is better.. :0)

The Offical word from Hyundai

•  Service oil quality should conform to ACEA or API classification.
•  For vehicles equipped with CPF, service oil quality should meet ACEA C3 and oil refill(to top) of small quantities between oil change intervals is possible by oil of ACEA B4.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club

Not Correct..

If you have a Euro iV Diesel engine fitted (U1 engine).. Then it is NOT fitted with a CPF and therefore Oil that meets ACEA B4 is the Fine. This engine is fitted with a CAT.

If You have a Euro V engine fitted (U2 engine) and is fitted with a CPF and therefore oil that is ACEA C3 must be used.

So if "Fergie" is a U1 Euro iV then the 10/40 ACEA B4 oil that was originally used was fine. Obviously using C3 is better.. :0)

So I wonder why my agent got embarrassed and changed the oil & filter :eek:

Maybe it's because I have a dpf?

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

I always thought UK i30s with CRDi-U engines up to July 2009 production had CPFs and production after that date had U2 engines with DPFs (The aluminium titanate one). With either CPF or the DPF fitted ACEA-C4 oil is required?

Offline Funky

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
I have checked the spec of our latest Diesel models and have found none of them to require ACEA C4..
C3 is the latest..

The only real change in oil type is the iX20  Petrol engines that are filled with 5W20 (GF4&SM) (API SL, SM or above, ACEA A5 or above).. Nice and thin, low friction..!!

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

Sorry that was a typo on my part I meant to say acea-c3. My point was that I think uk i30 crdi 1.6 have always been supplied with either a Cpf or Dpf and both require acea-c3?

Sent via swype & tapatalk on Android

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I have checked the spec of our latest Diesel models and have found none of them to require ACEA C4..
C3 is the latest..

The only real change in oil type is the iX20  Petrol engines that are filled with 5W20 (GF4&SM) (API SL, SM or above, ACEA A5 or above).. Nice and thin, low friction..!!

So which bit of my "Not correct" post was not actually correct, and why was my oil replaced so quickly?

Offline Funky

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
So which bit of my "Not correct" post was not actually correct, and why was my oil replaced so quickly?

The title "Remember C3".. is incorrect.

I have explained that C3 is not required in non CPF equipped vehicles.. however I am not saying that it shouldnt be used.

Why your dealer replaced it so quickly beats me.. That was their decision.. perhaps they didnt want any hastle at the service desk when you picked it up and were querying the invoice..  :cool:

Offline paul

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Brighton

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal