Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I happen to like Toyotas :whistler:
Anyone can do that steve.
Toy car  :goodjob: :goodjob2: :happydance:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I happen to like Toyotas :whistler:

Just as an aside there is a Tassie Toyota site called ToyTas.com.au .. quite clever play on words  :happydance:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Anyone can do that steve.
Toyota  :goodjob: :goodjob2: :happydance:

Absol UTE ly
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 10:57:15 by Surferdude »
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline THE i30

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Rockhampton Queensland Australia
I think my new GD CRDi might have this problem as some times my cruise control won't resume then after I touch the brakes and try again it does.
Be aware that you need to have pushed the brake (actuated the switch) at least once before the CC will set. If you start off on the flat and found it unnecessary to touch the brake the CC won't work by (perhaps unfortunate) design. It's a safety thing to ensure the brake can turn off CC in a runaway condition I guess. Think Toyota.  :whistler:

What the? That is supposed to say T0Y0TA!!
  • 2012 Hyper Silver i30 Elite 1.6 CRDi 6 Speed Manual

Offline THE i30

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Rockhampton Queensland Australia
That would explain it thanks for that.
  • 2012 Hyper Silver i30 Elite 1.6 CRDi 6 Speed Manual

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Just stumbled across this article on a brake light issue with a number of models

THE brake lights on thousands of new Hyundais have been found to be faulty and owners are risking $200 fines - but the company is refusing to issue a recall because it says it's not a safety hazard as the brakes still work.

http://www.news.com.au/national/hyundai-brake-lights-out-but-nobodys-issuing-recall/story-fndo4eg9-1226539646512

So do they not work at all or is there a delay?

I had the warning light come on but the lights were working. When I got back into the car and restarted it, the light was off. I did a test and noted that once every 10 or so times there was a slight delay in the lights coming on (but no warning light).
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Lester

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Batemans Bay, NSW
Australian Road Rules, require all equipment to be working on a vehicle, including brake lights.   Vehicles can be given a defect notice and put off the road for 'defective brake lights.'  Potential for rear end collisions.

So does anybody know how many Hyundais are affected?  I better go check miy i30 right now.

This is slack by Hyundai, should be a recall. :evil: :Shocked:
  • FD i30 Trophy

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Called Hyundai, mine is booked in at 2pm for replacement.

If the fault is like mine, it doesn't just happen, it is an occasional traction control warning light, and if you then check the lights closely an occasional delay in the brake lights coming on. Nothing that will even be noticed by the law.

I also note a general lack of reports of this nature on the forum, so either we have all been lucky, people aren't as annoyed about it as say the few auto trannies on the diesel, people haven't noticed or perhaps it is a very minor issue on the I30?

Perhaps this thread will bring the issue out?
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Seems the plot thickens.
I have to question the reporting though which suggests all vehicles have already been affected.
http://www.news.com.au/business/companies/hyundais-sister-company-kia-investigating-faulty-brake-light-part/story-fnda1bsz-1226541348271?from=igoogle+gadget+compact+news_rss

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

A bit disappointing innit  :Pout:

Offline Lester

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Batemans Bay, NSW
Australian Road Rules, require all equipment to be working on a vehicle, including brake lights.   Vehicles can be given a defect notice and put off the road for 'defective brake lights.'  Potential for rear end collisions.

So does anybody know how many Hyundais are affected?  I better go check miy i30 right now.

This is slack by Hyundai, should be a recall. :evil: :Shocked:

My brake lights working ok, but will monitor them.
  • FD i30 Trophy

Offline dean086

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      melbourne
I just had mine replaced last week. 2011 i30 Diesel. It was driving me crazy over christmas. Traction control light would stay on, when the light was on i had no brake lights. It was random. sometimes the ESP light came on every time i started the car, then i would go for days with out the problem. When i went in there was another customer picking up his i30 with the same problem.
  • my11 i30 crdi shine red

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I just had mine replaced last week. 2011 i30 Diesel. It was driving me crazy over christmas. Traction control light would stay on, when the light was on i had no brake lights. It was random. sometimes the ESP light came on every time i started the car, then i would go for days with out the problem. When i went in there was another customer picking up his i30 with the same problem.

Sounds very annoying ... hope it doesn't reoccur for you  :confused:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
I think my new GD CRDi might have this problem as some times my cruise control won't resume then after I touch the brakes and try again it does.
Thats not only a GD problem I have had it with Bruce ever since we had him,every time I have him serviced I mention the on going problem,they have adjusted brake switch settings as this is how the cruise works or one of it's functions,every time now they just say there is no problem at all because they can't find it in their computer.

Also with Cyril I have an ongoing intermitant problem with the ESP light coming on and not going out until I stop and restart the engine,this issue is tied in with the break switch as well,I had a freind who had the same problem,the very first Hyundai dealer he went to fixed the issue with replacing the switch  and the wiring loom to the switch,this dealer was well aware of the problem with the switch break lights and ESP light he only fixes them when PPL bring their cars in(not at service as a recall only when PPL complain out the issues)this has been his instruction from Hyundai itself.
though they may be good driving cars,economicl and reasonablt reliable,Hyundai's after market support is much to be lacking,along with the companies honesty.
Though Bruce and Cyril will see us out,if I were to ever get another brand new car, It wouldn't be a Hyundai,for the very reason of their extremely poor after market service and well known and documented recalls system(only doing the needed repairs when PPL,continually complain of a problem)I have sent Hyundai a letter too this affect an guess what as usual, no reply,but they are fairly regular at sending me promotional letters to get me to recommend their product,which I do, but hey I give everyone the bad points first then say it's up to them if they wish to proceed.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Rick, you are a real straight shooter.. I respect you a lot for that  :hatoff:

Pip
This is OT but with reference to Rick's post I'm about to ask for the 3rd time about the steering column UJ clonk with my 60k service and this time I'm pushing it! Last year of warranty.

FFS it's an obvious fault and all I get is: "They all do it".

Washer motor/pump stuffed also but altogether a virtually fault free car. :goodjob2:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Pip

60 thousand K is nothing,as far as I'm concern at such low K's you shouldn't have any rattles or clunks in you car,unless you been doing some gutter jumping on continually on corrigated roads,we're not far under that with both Bruce and Cyril,they got no rattles or clunks yet,Cyril did have a bit of a rattle,but that was my bunch of Keys I found,swinging in the ignition.
Rick
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Rick, you are a real straight shooter.. I respect you a lot for that  :hatoff:
No good sugar coating things,call a spade a spade and if I don't like Ya beleive me I'll tell Ya.
Rick

Pip
No good sugar coating things,call a spade a spade and if I don't like Ya beleive me I'll tell Ya.
Rick
Really? Would never have guessed! BTW you spelt believe wrong. :tease:  :needhelp:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Pip yes I did see that after I posted it,couldn't be buggered editing it :whistler: :oops:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
BTW you spelt believe wrong. :tease:  :needhelp:

Pip yes I did see that after I posted it,couldn't be buggered editing it :whistler: :oops:

"I" before "E" except after "D" or "L", eh Rick :rofl:

(that was in reference to your newly edited sig :P)

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Rick
Really? Would never have guessed! BTW you spelt believe wrong. :tease:  :needhelp:
You mean he spelt believe wrongLY.  :whistler:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I thought it was I before E except after C.  :undecided:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
db08 you got it,but my fingers work faster than my head, thus all the typo's

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club

Yeah, like neighbour, weigh, sleigh, height :P

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Yeah, like neighbour, weigh, sleigh, height :P

There are exceptions to every rule.  :lol:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
There are exceptions to every rule.  :lol:

I beleive you :P

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline Lune

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Pinjarra, Western Australia
On my 3rd brake light switch replacement now at 120,xxx kms, would be annoyed if it wasnt so painless getting it replaced.
The last time it was replaced the person i spoke with said there was a bad batch and they've changed suppliers, whether that's true or not is another matter, but this ones lasted longer than the others so far

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I checked yesterday when the ESP light came on. My brake lights still work.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal