i30 Owners Club

Rescue map

bachus · 6 · 2391

Offline bachus

• 2nd Gear

• de Germany
      Germany
Hi,

the ADAC (General German Automobile Association) suggested in may(?) 2009 that all automobile manufacturers should provide a rescue map. Because the fire departements got more often problems to rescue people due to body (of the vehicle) reinforcement. The map shows the battery, airbags and it's gas generators, reinforcements, etc. so one knows where (not) to use the hydraulic cutter.
Every driver should printout (coloured!) the sheet for his car and put it behind the sun visor. New cars should have that provided by the manufacturer from the beginning. A sticker should be attached to front window (sadly no uniform design available yet) to remember there is a rescue map inside.
Maybe this will be interesting for you guys as well though it's german. The images are easy to understand even without knowing german words.

http://www.hyundai.de/downloads/kundenservice/rettungsdaten/Hyundai_Rettungsdatenblaetter.pdf

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
That seems a very good idea. The i30 map looks accurate

Thanks for posting that, bachus :)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
as above ^^
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline hipposniper

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Devon

• ex-Heidi..North Devon.UK
yes i agree but as a firefighterthis is the biggest danger we face on a Road traffic collisions airbags, struts etc, we do alot of training on this, having the map on the visor, well i don't know, first you have to get into the twisted car first to read it ,but then be have done all the cutting to get to it,  especially if it on its roof (or under a back of a lorry)..... we have a good idea where the A/Bs are plus we do whats called peel and reveal,- pull the plastic inside a little and look to see  A/B cylinders etc b4 cutting (this is done while taking out the rubber seal's and the windows. you will be surprised how fast a roof removal is (don 't seem like it when your inside) next time we train on a scrapped car i c if it called be timed ( i dont think i shall b Mr popular thou)

like a said we have a good idea where ther are, also we do watch videos of the dangers ( and what would happen when things go wrong).. but the BIGGEST danger is  when LPG fitted badly

I have printed it off, try to translate and going to stick them on the pumps

Here a vid of our pump doing a roof removal

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
An interesting thread thanks bachus  (and hippo)

Not something I have thought about before
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline bachus

• 2nd Gear

• de Germany
      Germany
It's not supposed to replace trainings etc. It may help if there are questions.

It looks like, you're a firefighter hipposniper?
As I see you printed it out though you're not really convinced in its usefulness.
So you may find it kind of interesting anyway. ;)
If you want, you can find rescue maps for other manufacturers at
http://www.vda.de/de/arbeitsgebiete/rettungsleitfaeden_feuerwehr/index.html
(click on the trademarks at the right (ford will provide that maps via distributor only))
and
http://www.vdik.de/index.php?&id=67504
(click on the upper trademarks at the right, the lower one's are in progress)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal