i30 Owners Club

Hi from Sydney

Offline Serendibb

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Hi Guys,

New owner of a Stone Black SLX CRDi Auto on the 16th of Dec 08. Bought the car on the 14th of Dec.

This forum provides so much information which was used for my research before taking a plunge. Nice to meet y'all!

Cheers

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
G'day

*Welcome hat on*

Welcome to the i30 club forums, we all look forward to seeing pics of the car and any mods that you make.

*Promoter hat on*

Please make sure you take a look at the Australia meets section as we are in the process of organising a club meet up in the Blue Mountains (11Jan09)

Regards

Daniel

Offline Rubix

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Serendibb,

Welcome to our humble little club.. How does the new car go with meeting your expectations... :razz:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Welcome serendibb from Scotland :D
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome Serendibb from across the world
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Welcome aboard Serendibb. Great choice of colour :)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Serendibb

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Thanks guys for the welcome!

Re Daniel: Woot.. love your hats. I'm not a DIY person but I'm looking to put tint on as well as a reversing sensor / camera. Had a weird idea of installing a full on Remote Control Alarm system so that I could start up the car from far and start up the air conditioning to cool the car down in the hot Summer weather before sliding into the seat.

Re dazzling_darryl: Car is going beautifully at the moment although Auto diesel fuel economy is still pretty high at 9.1L/100km. Might have to wait for it to settle down. Only done about 160Km.

Offline Rubix

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Had a weird idea of installing a full on Remote Control Alarm system so that I could start up the car from far and start up the air conditioning to cool the car down in the hot Summer weather before sliding into the seat.

DOOOO IIIIITT!!! This would be an awesome mod... except if someone stole your vehicle while you were walking towards it lol :P I'm going to try update mine so windows come down on unlock myself, similar to the Astra... dunno how yet, I'm a trial-and-error person myself...

Offline Serendibb

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I suppose the door remains lock till you get near it. I've read that these systems are used in America in winter so that people can start up their car and the defroster to get the snow / frost off their windscreens so that they can drive once they get into the car.

I just translated that to : If they can start the defroster, we must be able to start the air conditioning.

However, my mechanic warned me that it's better to just use the basic alarm system if we can, as adding these devices put unneccesary strain on the battery and might cause "unknown" consequence to the electronic system.

Offline Rubix

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

... if your car is turned on by the remote button push, it is no different to using your key in the ignition, and no different to installing a push-button engine start. Turning AirCon on WITHOUT the engine turning on would be a different story, though.

Offline Serendibb

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Well, the ideal scenario I was planning to use this system is 10 min before lunch and with the Sydney Sun blazing fiercely, heating up the interior of the car to well above 40+ degrees Celsius. You, stuck in your office, switches on your car with a touch of your remote. It then turns on your air condition and start to chill your car down. You complete your last deal just in time for lunch, waltz down to your car, unlocks it via the remote control and enter in a comfortable 22 degree cabin. That's the start for a perfect lunch ... or is that a perfect dream?

Offline Rubix

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Hmmm... it would just be risky remotely turning your car on, even if it's locked someone can smash the window and climb in and then drive away. If you had no security concerns then no problems. I would suggest having rear windows wind down a little as part of the process, to let the hot air out, as the cold air is pumped in the front.
If your work is located remotely enough good idea. If in the big city your car will get stolen by week 2.

Offline Serendibb

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I believe, the remote start function has a timer on it ie, you can get it running in 5 min interval and it should shut down. Perhalps there's a security function on it that says that you have to unlock the door with the remote after pre starting your car? But I'll need to have a look to see if this function is available. Apparently,the top Viper systems does these. Might prop down to a dealer to have a look.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Welcome again serendibb :)

Problems? Feel free to post them and you'll get great answers :)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal