i30 Owners Club

Hi to all you proud i30 owners from DieselEd

Offline DieselEd

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Western SYDNEY, NSW
As a new member I am looking forward to being part of this very special owners car club.  I have a keen interest in cars and have been driving a manual Peugeot 307 XSE since mid 2002 (the nice looking original one, not the face-lifted one with the gaping grill) and last year considered other possibilities on the market.  As a designer, a number of things were important to me- the space efficiency, performance, economy, safety, coherent appearance, quality of construction and dare I say, having a proper spare wheel/tyre, not one of those space saver rip offs!  Drove the Golf Diesel (a good drive) and a number of others but it wasn't until I saw the i30 last year that everything came together into one brilliant car, with additional surprises such as unlimited 5 year warranty and class leading economy and engine flexibility!  As many of you probably also experienced, this car is such an all-together package that ticks all of the boxes (except one- cruise control).  Suspecting that this car would take out awards for the year, I placed an order with a great dealer in Sydney (would recommend them)at the end of Nov: Diesel SLX Manual, Safety Pack, Mats, Cargo net, Premium Plates, Alloy spare and the promise of genuine steering wheel mounted cruise control retro fitted when it becomes available mid year, written into the contract and an extra years warranty on top of the 5years provided by the dealer!-$29,600 on the road. Car built Feb, compliance March and I picked it up end of April -bonus, second flip key came with the car!  I would have to say that I researched this car heaps before I decided to buy one but since having picking it up, it has exceeded my expectations in every way.  First of all I didn't have to rebuild the car like the Peugeot and screw it back together properly and I don't anticipate multiple trips back to my dealer to have parts replaced under warranty!  But in the end the class leading economy of this car with the elastically flexible gutsy diesel engine is what really impresses me: it really is a great drive!  Anyhow I could go on for ages but I'm sure this excellent forum will give me the chance to share more later as well as to learn heaps from you guys.  Thanks for the opportunity of being part of the group.  :)
  • White Manual 1.6 Diesel SLX Hatch

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hi DieselED, a big welcome to the owners club :D
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome DieselEd

Another satisfied owner
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Diesel....

Wow... that's great (thought you might have caned the handling and ride just a little after replacing a Peugeot)

We are mapping our members as a fun exercise... do you mind advising what City or Town you are in? and also updating it in your profile..thanks

As you have probably seen this site is a great combination of Fun, Friendship and Information...

After that little wrap... you've probably become one of our most popular members... :D

Cheers,

Dazz
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline ozsnowman

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Central Victoria
Quote from: "DieselEd"
the promise of genuine steering wheel mounted cruise control retro fitted when it becomes available mid year,

Oooh *ears prick up at that one!* I havent heard that one yet!!

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Deisel,
That was a great wrap up, you should sell them. Do you!
That was the greatest sales pitch i have ever heard to buy a I30. What more, it was all true :D
Look forward to future interaction with you.

Cheers

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hey DieselED how's the motor running?

Noticed you are onsite at the mo... :)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
welcome ed,i did the same as you and trawled this club for info,i ended up with a hatch and a cw because i was just so impressed with the i30.not bad for a ford fanatic.[and i still own two of them] :lol:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Blue

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle

• Newcastle, Oz

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Nice review and WELCOME! :D
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hey guys - the intro post is 12 months old :lol:

I was just wondering how Ed was faring after his 1st year :P and I noticed he had revisited the site yesterday :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I was going to make a little joke about a "once a year visitor" but thought someone would think that was inappropriate... :rolleyes:

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I was going to make a little joke about a "once a year visitor"...

Hey Dazz - both you and me only visit twice a year anyway...

Once for 3 months and once for 9 months :lol:

(and yes, I understood what you meant :D)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal