i30 Owners Club

introduction, milage and general issues

me217 · 17 · 4008

Offline me217

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
hey all. first post on this forum, just thought I'd introduce myself

i got a 2007 i30 crdi slx 5 speed manual with 94000 kms on it.

i got it with 88000kms on the clock about 4 months ago. i have been getting roughly 800kms out of a tank, with a bit of highway and town driving.

the only issue I've had with it is the brake lights stopped working but was fixed under 2ND hand dealer warranty and sometimes 1st and 2ND gear are a little tight to get when moving, i think the linkages might be a little worn.

about myself. i am a first year diesel mechanic apprentice, the whole reason i bought a diesel car. as i have to travel for tafe.

anyway, what sort of km's has everyone else got on there cars so far and any issues to look out for?
  • i30 2007 crdi hatch

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Welcome to the forum me217,

Having a diesel car means there are plenty of kms left in it yet. The gearbox shifts were a bit notchy and each new model has got progressively better. The current 6 speed has a very good reputation already.

Hope your experience here is fun for you.  :goodjob2:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Hi and welcome me217

Hope you don't mind but I moved it to the Welcome section.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :welcome: Great choice of car. I have a 2009 CRDi SLX 5-speed with 45000K and enjoy immensely reminding everyone how I get 4.1 LPHKM in a mix of 60-90 roads between home and work 30KM away.  :happydance:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Welcome to the forum.  :goodjob:
Your car is only a baby - lots of kms left in it yet.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline me217

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
:welcome: Great choice of car. I have a 2009 CRDi SLX 5-speed with 45000K and enjoy immensely reminding everyone how I get 4.1 LPHKM in a mix of 60-90 roads between home and work 30KM away.  :happydance:

that explains why i couldn't find it. and i'm hoping it will be trouble free until i finish my apprenticeship, then ill upgrade to a faster car. as before i had a mr2 turbo, but needed to upgrade to a family car, and needed something very cheap to run as i'm doing 800kms a week at the moment, before i bought this car i was completely against Hyundai's but this car has completely changed my view on them,
  • i30 2007 crdi hatch

Offline me217

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
also where's the best place to get a towbar nice and cheap, prefer one with haymen reece.
  • i30 2007 crdi hatch

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
welcome aboard.  :razz:  my 09 hatch and my wife's 09 cw have around 55,000kms on them,the notchy gear change can be adjusted out in the linkages by your dealership.  :wink:  what part of oz are you in?
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline succulant

• 4th Gear
  • Never buy a Citroën

• scotland Scotland
      Lanarkshire
Welcome. Your brake lights not working is probably down to the brake light switch which is a common fault I experienced recently myself. Fortunately its a warranty repair. Apart from that its been 100% reliable and great on fuel. Enjoy yourself driving it!
  • Comfort CRDI (115), Suzuki Ignis Sport, Rover Mini 30

Offline me217

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
welcome aboard.  :razz:  my 09 hatch and my wife's 09 cw have around 55,000kms on them,the notchy gear change can be adjusted out in the linkages by your dealership.  :wink:  what part of oz are you in?

im in fraser coast, qld. also it was the brake light switch at fault. they removed it, cleaned it up and got it working again, there warranty didn't technically cover switches so they couldn't replace it, but at least its working again. i'll have to have a look into the adjustments.
  • i30 2007 crdi hatch

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: succulant
Your brake lights not working is probably down to the brake light switch which is a common fault I experienced recently myself. Fortunately its a warranty repair.

Not any longer for a 2007 model (Hy warranty expired).

My gear selection (1st-2nd, reverse) is also very tight especially when cold. Mine started doing that the day following its 1st MOT, but the dealership refused to admit they'd tightened anything up or messed around with the gearbox oil.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline succulant

• 4th Gear
  • Never buy a Citroën

• scotland Scotland
      Lanarkshire
Quote from: succulant
Your brake lights not working is probably down to the brake light switch which is a common fault I experienced recently myself. Fortunately its a warranty repair.

Not any longer for a 2007 model (Hy warranty expired).

My gear selection (1st-2nd, reverse) is also very tight especially when cold. Mine started doing that the day following its 1st MOT, but the dealership refused to admit they'd tightened anything up or messed around with the gearbox oil.

Doh, you are correct.
  • Comfort CRDI (115), Suzuki Ignis Sport, Rover Mini 30

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Hi me217

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new family car.. :mrgreen:

I have a 2008 CRDi with 178.000 km on the clock, still running smooth.

The notchy gearshift is sadly normal for the 5 speed box. Mine is usually notchy when cold (below 0 ºC) but when getting warm, then no problems.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline me217

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
Hi me217

The notchy gearshift is sadly normal for the 5 speed box. Mine is usually notchy when cold (below 0 ºC) but when getting warm, then no problems.

mines notchy up until the cars warmed up. but then its not so bad, but we dont have temps around 0 c more like 30c
ahwell i hope its i get a good run out of it, also i've been getting about 800kms out of about 41l. is that about right with fuel usage with these
  • i30 2007 crdi hatch

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Hi me217

mines notchy up until the cars warmed up. but then its not so bad, but we dont have temps around 0 c more like 30c
ahwell i hope its i get a good run out of it, also i've been getting about 800kms out of about 41l. is that about right with fuel usage with these

30ºC - lovely.. :mrgreen:

Your local Hyundai dealer can make an adjustment of the gearshift.

You could also change the gearoil. These two things should give a better gearshift.

800 km on 41 liter. That's 19,5 km/liter or 5,1 Liters per 100 km. Great result..  :goodjob:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome me217

Only just found this thread. Great car, ideal for your current circumstance  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline me217

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
ive noticed with all these long trips my estimated kms out of a full tank have gone from 600 to almost 800 kms and i'm getting around 900 kms out of a tank but when i went to townsville i only got 800kms and that was all highway, either i'm driving more fuel friendly or the car is "learning"
  • i30 2007 crdi hatch

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal