Alternator question?

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
So do you still have the flat battery?

If so charge up and put in boot just in case.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
I do Lester, but, I have now been out to the shops this morning and voila, everything is hunky dory no light in the binical except the one which are supposed to be there..

However your point is well made, if it happens again, what then.

I inquired with my breakdown service and they want £91 to put me on HOME START  :Shocked:

I went shopping on AMAZON and an engine starter is on the way as we speak 'Streetwize SWPP1 Portable Power Pack with Air Compressor', which well do the same job as my recovery bloke would do i.e. jump start the car.  Oh and please, please, no shroud waving.  The RAC would do exactly the same thing  :mrgreen:.  It's cost me £79 for a new battery and £55'ish for the engine starter making a grand total of (hang on whilst I get me smart phone out) £134 <phew> thank God for smartphones  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline marti30

• 3rd Gear
My alternator was replaced under warranty. The story is told in the 'Diesel Problems and Issues' section under 'Alternator making a whining noise'. The car was over 3 years old, had covered more than 100,000 miles, been serviced at stretched intervals and had never been back to a main dealer.

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
My alternator was replaced under warranty. The story is told in the 'Diesel Problems and Issues' section under 'Alternator making a whining noise'. The car was over 3 years old, had covered more than 100,000 miles, been serviced at stretched intervals and had never been back to a main dealer.

Yeah, thanks Marti.   I think it's all sorted now.   Not sure what part of this rock you live on but then again I guess it'd be similar where ever.  If it plays up again I ca say that someone else got a replacement   :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Will you be over my way on friday?

I can always come and rescue you.

All it will cost is a cuppa and a CHOCOLATE digestive...

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

I do Lester, but, I have now been out to the shops this morning and voila, everything is hunky dory no light in the binical except the one which are supposed to be there..

However your point is well made, if it happens again, what then.

I inquired with my breakdown service and they want £91 to put me on HOME START  :Shocked:

I went shopping on AMAZON and an engine starter is on the way as we speak 'Streetwize SWPP1 Portable Power Pack with Air Compressor', which well do the same job as my recovery bloke would do i.e. jump start the car.  Oh and please, please, no shroud waving.  The RAC would do exactly the same thing  :mrgreen:.  It's cost me £79 for a new battery and £55'ish for the engine starter making a grand total of (hang on whilst I get me smart phone out) £134 <phew> thank God for smartphones  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

If in recovery subscription then over 1/4 or 1/2 mile from home they attend as part of breakdown.

If you call again for same fault if they have said needs sorting/replacing i.e. flat battery they can make a charge.

At home. Do you live at the top of a hill?
Then let it roll down and make sure just past minimum distance...:lol:

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Will you be over my way on friday?

I can always come and rescue you.

All it will cost is a cuppa and a CHOCOLATE digestive...

Sadly not Lester, and I don't know when, if ever I will.  The patients from there have all been moved to other facilities.  That's all I know thus far.  It all happened rather suddenly.   I am hoping that it's nothing more than a change  of registration, we'll have to wait and see <sigh>

Cuppa and choccie biccies not a problem, if and when  :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Asa,

How was the car last friday?

I take it you had a trouble free trip.

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Asa,

Yeah the car as run without a hitch since the new battery was fitted.  I guess the cold weather found the batteries weakness <sigh>  I have the engine starter now, so if needed in the future I can get the thing started without begging for help  :victory: :victory: :victory:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Asa,

Yeah the car as run without a hitch since the new battery was fitted.  I guess the cold weather found the batteries weakness <sigh>  I have the engine starter now, so if needed in the future I can get the thing started without begging for help  :victory: :victory: :victory:

So long as you keep it in the boot but then remember you put it in the garage for safe keeping!

:lol:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal