i30 Owners Club

Service schedule i30 petrol 2010

Offline Pauldon56

• 1st Gear

• england England
      Norfolk
Hi all
New to this,I have a Hyundai i30 1.6 petrol comfort auto 2010
I bought second hand from a dealer,I signed up to a Service Plan for 3 years. Today I had it's 6th year service,It have covered 50000 miles. 4000 since I had it. Anyway it went in for service and came out with dealer stamp and written "Bronze Service" looks to me all that's been done is a oil/filter change and a bit of grease spread on it.
Does anybody have a complete service schedule I could download showing me what is done on every service by year,regardless of mileage ?
Think I'm being ripped off on this service plan at a cost of £15.99 per month
Also I think the work done is worth no more than £50 tops. Nothing apart from oil filter has been changed
Cheers in advance
Paul
  • Hyundai i30 1.6 Comfort Auto 2010

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Welcome Pauldon56

Have you checked the oil, that should have been replaced with the filter plus replacing the air filter if deemed dirty, a general check over of brakes - tyres - suspension , checking all hoses and drive belts - radiator fluid - washer fluid - lights/bulbs checked that they're all working - greasing door hinges etc, they would also check diagnostics for any errors, spark plugs will only be replaced every 100,000km's or so.

Offline Pauldon56

• 1st Gear

• england England
      Norfolk
Hi Thanks for reply, no the air filter was not changed its dirty plus debris in the housing. Also Diagnosis not checked it has cobwebs on it. I went to my local Hyundai dealer (Norfolk) they gave me a print out of what should have been done on a 72 month (6years) service and most not done. I went to garage who I had service plan with and they basically fobbed me off. They stated the 3 year plan I signed up with only gives a basic (Bronze) service.
Nowhere in the paperwork does it state service is only basic, so I have paid £159.90 for a oil change. Any way I have cancelled my direct debit to them and I will go elsewhere for my servicing. Expensive lesson learned "Never ever trust a Garage" 
I have just spent a whole £7 on a airfilter, will Hoover the housing out and replace myself.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
That sux, if were me I'd report it to consumer protection or what have you over there, surely they have to abide by the vehicles service schedule :undecided:

Offline Pauldon56

• 1st Gear

• england England
      Norfolk
I am talking to my local Trading Standards in my County. They are pretty good,I'm not touching the car leaving the cobwebs on the parts. Also noticed a lot of Road Dirt on the oil filter and it's not rained (honest ) since yesterday.
Thanks again mate

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
:welcum: Good luck with it. Very poor turn of events...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
England? Not rained for a whole day? Liar! :crazy1:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Pauldon56

• 1st Gear

• england England
      Norfolk