i30 Owners Club

Worth it? (2012 Petrol Hyundai i30 Elite model: $19,000: 10,000km)

Pantries · 289 · 54215

Offline Pantries

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sutherland Shire
Seems the vehicle ended up selling for $19,000. Just missed out haha. $19000 sounds pretty cheap to me for the Elite model.

Looks like you weren't meant to get it  :undecided: Hopefully a bargain will come along soon...

Because the i30 is a top seller these days resale is a lot better than most earlier Hyundais (the Diesel, in particular, really holds its value well) :hatoff:

Yeah, was pretty frustrated. Was so close but I guess as you said, I wasn't supposed to have it. Was definitely a great price though. I'm just concerned that I won't find one for that price again, considering their are hardly any of the Elite models being sold online via private dealera in the first place
  • Hyundai i30 Automatic Petrol Premium 2012

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia
aren't brand new ones selling for 20,990 with five year warranties at the present moment.......you can knocked the dealers price down and get a new with rego.....

Offline Pantries

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sutherland Shire
aren't brand new ones selling for 20,990 with five year warranties at the present moment.......you can knocked the dealers price down and get a new with rego.....
Yeah, but I think that's for an Active model, not elite.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Yeah, but I think that's for an Active model, not elite.

That is correct, but you can option it up later as you can afford to. Some aftermarket mods are just as good as the factory ones and better/cheaper ... I bought the base model Toyota Hybrid and by the time I got some extras thrown in and grabbed a few things off Ebay (better than a bought one now) :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Seems the vehicle ended up selling for $19,000. Just missed out haha. $19000 sounds pretty cheap to me for the Elite model.

Looks like you weren't meant to get it  :undecided: Hopefully a bargain will come along soon...

Because the i30 is a top seller these days resale is a lot better than most earlier Hyundais (the Diesel, in particular, really holds its value well) :hatoff:

Yeah, was pretty frustrated. Was so close but I guess as you said, I wasn't supposed to have it. Was definitely a great price though. I'm just concerned that I won't find one for that price again, considering their are hardly any of the Elite models being sold online via private dealera in the first place

At least if you do, you know that you want it.

If your lucky the sale will fall through and you'll get a call....Otherwise keep watching, Time is the friend of the car buyer (unless your current car is stuffed).
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Pantries

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sutherland Shire

At least if you do, you know that you want it.

If your lucky the sale will fall through and you'll get a call....Otherwise keep watching, Time is the friend of the car buyer (unless your current car is stuffed).

Haha, unfortunately my current car is dying on me. 1999 RAV4, 302,000km, I can see it dying on me on a busy roadway. :P

Offline Pantries

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sutherland Shire
Still trying to keep my eyes on Carsales.com.au and gumtree (any other car websites I don't know about?), but it seems not many people are selling their 2012 i30 online, especially in NSW. But when an Elite 2012 is for sale, it's going for $25,000+ with 10,000 or so KM. Crazy how the car I was originally going to try and buy sold for $19000.  :P

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Are they selling @ 25k or is that the asking price  :question:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline arx7

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Still trying to keep my eyes on Carsales.com.au and gumtree (any other car websites I don't know about?), but it seems not many people are selling their 2012 i30 online, especially in NSW. But when an Elite 2012 is for sale, it's going for $25,000+ with 10,000 or so KM. Crazy how the car I was originally going to try and buy sold for $19000.  :P

Hi Pantries,

Do you need all the stuff in Elite? You can purchase the new i30 active for that amount ( I reckon probably add another 2k and you're golden )
  • i30 GD

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
I got home tonight and a letter(flyer from Hyundai) awaited me,they are offering current models at $19,990 brand spankers,so if the dealership is offering this,to me $19,000 for  secondhandy seems a bit steep
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
The $19990 is the three door special.
Told you I was real observant :whistler:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline arx7

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
I think it's for manual transmission as well.
Ah! Yes I did read that  :lol:

Offline Pantries

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sutherland Shire

Hi Pantries,

Do you need all the stuff in Elite? You can purchase the new i30 active for that amount ( I reckon probably add another 2k and you're golden )
Hey mate, this car will last me for a while, and I'm sort of interested in the extra features, so it'll need to be more worthwhile haha.

Are they selling @ 25k or is that the asking price  :question:

Uh, the asking price I'm pretty sure. There aren't many private sellers.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
The asking price is irrelevant, it's what they're selling for, that determines their true value.

Offline Pantries

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sutherland Shire
Hmmm, I'd say their selling for around 23,000? Rough guess though.

Offline Pantries

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sutherland Shire
G'day, I've still been browsing through dealerships and online for an Elite model, but struggling, especially for one in NSW. But I've come across a 2012 Premium i30, 9000km, in Victoria (I'm in NSW) and could possibly get it for $23,000. Is that worth it? I guess it'll cost $900 to get it sent here but it sounds like a good deal. Parents said they'll pitch in a few thousand hence why I thought go premium since it sounds a lot cheaper than others especially Elite models.

Or should I try get a Elite Diesel for the torque and fuel efficiency? The sunroof and leather seats does make it tempting to just go for the premium..

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
sound's good, just remember when you bring it to NSW will have to change rego over + pay duty.
personally I would only have a diesel, as GD petrol is only 200cc larger but 200cc smaller than old model. so will have less torque again. but service could cost more with diesel. it is much easier to service than petrol, but the filters cost more. fuel economy offsets this.plus a diesel fuel filter is mounted on fire wall easy to get at. a petrol fuel filter is inside fuel tank big job to change. I think about 60k that comes up.
just thought i'dpoint this out.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
sound's good, just remember when you bring it to NSW will have to change rego over + pay duty.

Glad we don't have similar here in uk between england, wales, scotland and northen ireland. On not forgeting isle of man, jersey, guersney etc...
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: Lakes
...just remember when you bring it to NSW will have to change rego over + pay duty.
What a strange land you live in :scared:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Pantries,

If I was in your position and could spare the time, I'd fly down cheap and drive it back  :happydance:

Not sure what those NSW costs add up to... :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
 :MeToo:

Especially as it's in another state. Surely you're not going to buy a car, sight unseen. You need to be there to test drive it, check tyre wear, accident damage and basically find any faults BEFORE forking out 1 red cent.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
If you do buy the vehicle interstate, it may be worthwhile to get the owner in Vic to cancel the registration and get the refund on any remaining as a discount to the price.

Otherwise you will either pay stamp duty twice or you will not be able to claim the refund (not the vic registered owner).

Personally I would wait for a vehicle I could get in my state....One will pop up, you just have to be ready to jump on it.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Pantries

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sutherland Shire
Valid points... Not sure what ill do, since I need a car ASAP. I could get an authorised mechanic to check it out for me, since I don't think I can get time off work to go.

Tough choice! Thanks for the responses!

Offline Pantries

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sutherland Shire
And... The vehicle ended up selling. I've found another vehicle, a demo Elite model with less than 300km in WA from a dealership, so I probably won't need to get the car inspected, and since their much cheaper over there than here in NSW for some reason. Does anyone know how much a dealer is willing to take off their marked price? Or does it vary from dealership to dealership?

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales

Glad we don't have similar here in uk between england, wales, scotland and northen ireland. On not forgeting isle of man, jersey, guersney etc...

but Lester, you could fit the whole of England into the state of New south Wales  five times. & your population a lot higher.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal