i30 Owners Club

2014 Kia Sportage door opened indicator and tyre pressure monitoring

Offline kamikazeeugen

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Bucharest
Hi! Sorry for this! I know this is hyundai forum, but maibe somebody knows this,,,as kia is built by same company..
I have an friend with an Kia Sportage 1.7 crdi from 2014. What bothers him is that is not showing on dash wich door is open and wich tyre has lost pressure. Is only a light and that is all.
Is there any way to reprogram or something an computer to activate these functions?
Thank You!
All the best!
Eugen
  • 2013 I30 CW 1.6 crdi

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Do they have the handbook?

If so does it indicate in it what should light up etc as sometimes different markets have differing features.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Does the car have a 7 year warranty like in the UK

If so - take it to a KIA dealer and get them to sort it.

You could also join the UK KIA forum and post the problem there.

:link: Sportage - Kia Owners Club Forums - Page 1
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline kamikazeeugen

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Bucharest
Thank You!!
I will post on Kia forum also.
The ideea is that in my 2013 I30 on the dashboard i see individualy wich door is opened. In his 2014 Sportage is just a bulb wich lights up when 1 or all doors are opened.
The same with the TPMS. The I30 tells you wich wheel has lost pressure, in Kia is another bulb wich lights up in the event that 1 wheel lost pressure but is not telling wich one.
I think is an simple programming of the computer to show you these. I will asq Kia forum too.
Ahh, BTW, he was at Kia about this and the answer from them was that is not possible in his car as it dosint have an comfort computer....i think is bullshit..
The same they told about my Cruise control implementation...not possible, and, with your help, i just installed the buttons and the cruise is working perfect..
  • 2013 I30 CW 1.6 crdi

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I doubt a reprogram would solve that issue, if that's the way it displays then it's just a simple notification advising to check all doors or tyres due to a more basic dash cluster.

Offline kamikazeeugen

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Bucharest
I think this too really.. is strange though you have start stop, gps.....but no other simple things regarding computers.
Marketing.....
Thank You!
I will let you know iff i will find something regarding this.
All the best!
Eugen
  • 2013 I30 CW 1.6 crdi

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal